Little Update

pasajes4

I guess that's the difference in living in a large city. People lurk on social media and take that information to plan home invasions. I would probably be more worried about my kid saying something to someone and they decide to do something. Unfortunately, I have been the victim of that little scenario.

Jabberwockey

Well, the town we live in isnt a small town by any stretch but it aint the city either! Our neighborhood has an active neighborhood watch so we just have to mention to a few people that we know and they will keep an eye on the house.

Lil

Toe nails too?

That never occurred to me! Ewwwww....
:beafraid:

But I can't imagine why he'd lie about it...I mean, nail clippers cost like 99 cents. But he was adamant that they didn't own any.

People lurk on social media and take that information to plan home invasions.

I'm sure that does happen...but really we have a pretty low crime rate and, as Jabber said, a good neighborhood watch. We never have even thought twice about telling people when we aren't going to be home. I'm not worried...and really, if someone comes in and steals our stuff...I could get new stuff! :D We haven't got too much left that I'd be too worried about losing. We might want to take Jabber's guitar and lock up the laptops somewhere.

AppleCori

And thirdly--

You boy is dating a girl that is neither pregnant by another man nor married to another man!!!!!

:embarassed::difficult child:

Heading in the right direction!

Last edited:

Lil

Unfortunately, the clean feet is optional. Ew.

Actually, our kid is prissy enough that he might refuse to acknowledge any clippers used on toes as also being usable on hands.

Not sure I disagree. I can clip my own fingers and toes with the same clippers...even share with Jabber...but pretty much anyone else? I might decline.

I love lakes and rivers. It is so restorative to the spirit.

I agree completely. The first place I found that I really loved was a cabin in the woods, with it's own private natural waterfall and pool in the back. Completely private. I still want to go there, but it's pretty pricey. Maybe next year. We also looked at a place on a river. The one we chose isn't really as isolated, but it's a whole house, right on the lake, what looks to be a fairly large yard, so while not secluded, it's still private. I have a vision of myself just sitting quietly, watching the water, and tension melting away for just a while.:inlove: That picture I posted is the actual view from the dock. How beautiful is that sunset? It's going to be a long August of waiting.

Last edited:

AppleCori

Last time Difficult Child lived here with us, he asked me for clippers. His nails were long, dirty, and scraggly, so I gladly got him a new set for himself.

I noticed his nails never got any better.

Later I found out he used it to clean his drug pipe.

Sigh....

However, your son may just be using them to actually clip his nails!

And the image of him turning up his nose at using someone else's 'used' nail clippers just sends me into fits of laughter.

Most of our kids are just mainly tragic.

Your son has his moments of tragic, but also, large doses of haplessness and humor.

I think he will eventually find his way. It just may not be the path you had hoped for him, but he could be OK in his own way.

AppleCori

I always feel that the anticipation of something wonderful is almost as enjoyable as the actual event/thing.

Yes, me too!

I always set up goals for myself to meet before the big event. It makes them so much more enjoyable. Like, I always have something needed done, some cleaning or painting or organizing thing I want to get done but never find the time (make the time) for.

I challenge myself to get the chore done before I leave and it gets done. And then I get the reward of going.

AppleCori

I always take pics of sunrise and sunset every time we go on vacation. They are among my favorite pics.

One time I was kinda bummed that I got up early to take a picture of the sunrise and it was drizzly. But that turned out to be one of my favorites. It shows the sun's rays peaking out above the boat dock through the rain clouds.

I have the best ones framed and on the stairwell wall where I can see them many times per day and they always bring back memories.

Jabberwockey

I always set up goals for myself to meet before the big event.

While I know you were talking about chores here, there will be several goals that need met before we go. Due to circumstances with work and our son, I haven't been fishing in a really long time so my gear will need tended to. Wont do to cast a line just to have it snapped by a half a pound bluegill just because I hadn't gotten around to replacing the probably 12 year old line!

Lil

Later I found out he used it to clean his drug pipe.

We bought him a pair when he left town! But he said he didn't have them, so...

I don't know about cleaning a pipe, but I caught him once with our rubbing alcohol in his room, mostly used. I asked him why and he said a girl had painted his nails and he used it to take the polish off. I picked up a (polish-free) hand and said, "Maybe you want to try again? Because alcohol doesn't take off nail polish. So if you were telling the truth you'd still have polish on your nails."

Yep...pipe cleaning.

I challenge myself to get the chore done before I leave and it gets done. And then I get the reward of going.

Unlike Jabber, my "chore" is getting more office work done so I'm ahead at work.

And on that note, I think I better get off here and work! :(

AppleCori

Well, you definitely don't want to lose that bluegill, one of the best tasting fish out there!

Only kind I like better is red snapper at the South Texas coast. That could be because they have restaurants down there that will cook the fish you catch for you! Cant get better than that!!!

AppleCori

Yes, the metal 'nail file' attached to the clippers is apparently great for scraping residue out of a pipe.

Hope this is not the case for your son.

Lil

Yes, the metal 'nail file' attached to the clippers is apparently great for scraping residue out of a pipe.

Hope this is not the case for your son.

That wouldn't explain why he'd need a new one really...he had one and I'm sure he could find other things. lol

But last I heard, he wasn't doing much of that stuff anymore. We shall see I guess. Not something I'm going to lose sleep over.

Jabberwockey

He always used a butter knife. And did it in the car in the middle of the night so he could listen to music. That annoyed me because now there are little black specks all over the dashboard and drivers door of the car.

Lil

ARGH! He makes me CRAZY! Just called to ask if he's still on our insurance because he hurt his back at work and they won't let him go back until he's been cleared by a doctor, but of course he can't get to a doctor because he has no transportation and on and on. Thankfully my other phone rang and I said, "I have to go, the phone is ringing, yes, your insurance is good."

So he TOLD them he hurt his back. End of job, I guarantee you! I'M SO ANGRY!

I should have known, saying anything would jinx it.