Lives Worth Living

DS3

This looks pretty good and I plan on tuning in tonight to watch. :)

Lives Worth Living | Documentary about the Disability Rights Movement | Independent Lens | PBS

“Lives Worth Living” is both an historical documentary about the Disability Rights Movement and a biography about one man’s struggle to survive. This hour-long program targets a national audience of 54,000,000 people with disabilities, students at all levels, and eventually, with global outreach, more than 650,000,000 worldwide. Charismatic leaders of the movement narrate the story of a long, hard, and successful drive for civil rights – a drive that brought together a once fragmented population into a powerful coalition that created some of the most far reaching civil rights legislation in our nation’s history. The program’s content is essential, compelling, and relevant for everyone given that anyone at any time can become a member of the disabled community.

Anyone else planning on catching the show? It's on tonight on PBS. :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
This is sad, but I don't think we GET PBS.

I'm going out and looking at the DVR now, though...

DS3

This is sad, but I don't think we GET PBS.

I'm going out and looking at the DVR now, though...

If you find it, let me know. I missed it due to difficult child 2 deciding that vomiting half the night was a good idea. And here I thought we were getting better.