Lobster heaven?

Lothlorien

Darn, I thought you were having lobster at your house....I started drooling at the title of your post. Where's the butter?

(I've eaten a very large lobster once....not very good. They are tough.)

Marguerite

I read the article - the lobster has spent the vast bulk of those 140 years, already living in the wild. He's only been in captivity for 10 days so he should adapt fast back into the wild.

If he'd been living in captivity for over a century - then give him to an aquarium, not back into the wild.

But this is OK for the lobster. Mind you, telling people where he's been released could shorten his lifespan, as people go looking for him to privately bring him home...

Marg

klmno

Well, I wasn't go to go there but since Loth did.... if you use the word "lobster" in the same phrase as "heaven", my mind doesn't jump to the sympathetic thoughts...... :D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I thought she meant SHE was in lobster heaven!

My mouth started drooling when I saw the post title:

:sushi::bbq::picnic::thanksgiving11::thanksgiving1::spaghetti:
I once went to Boston on business and brought back two LIVE lobsters on the plane with me, with the intent of having them for dinner when I got home.

husband likes lobster, too -- but when he saw the huge boiling pot of water on the stove and looked at me standing next to it with a wiggling crustacean in my hand, he kinda lost his appetite. "You're not going to stick it in THERE, are you?"

Uh, yeah -- I'm not really big on Lobster Tartar...

So although it was a tough job (somebody had to do it), I managed to consume not one, but two lobsters (with drawn butter and lemon, of course) that night. Best dang dinner I've ever cooked! :D

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I admit it, I was drooling too. I thought you were going to tell us about some yummy new restaurant. :D

I'm finding it really hard to feel empathy for the lobster. I mean it tastes so darn good, and well.......look at it. :rofl:

TerryJ2

LOL!
You're right, it does sound like dinner.
And huge, old lobsters are tough.
Marg, I didn't know it was only in captivity a short time. I feel better now.

I'm off to look up the decadent recipe ...