Local Celebrity

everywoman

The Food Network is doing a new reality show based on the worst cook in America. A woman from my town is one of the finalists. Her name is Suzie. The show looks like it should be interesting.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I don't think I'd want to be a celebrity based on my status as "worst cook in America!" :rofl: That sounds more like notoriety to me!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
That's what I said! Hope I don't get nominated for that one!

(tho I wouldn't be suprised to see the "what not to wear" people show up. lol - I love my jeans and sweatshirts and crocs)

DammitJanet

Gee...I could be nominated on several shows. Mobile home disaster, What not to Wear and Worst Cook in America! Lordy.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I figure as long as I'm not on hoarders or intervention, I can still manage. I have to admit that I would be embarrassed to be nominated as worst cook. I'd be pretty embarrassed to be nominated for "What Not To Wear" too. Although I could use both of those shows help.

KTMom91

You know, if someone would hand me $5,000 and let me go clothes shopping, and let me make a major visit to Martin the Hair God, and find a makeup consultant, I'd look pretty good, too. Not having lots of money to spend on clothes, or tailoring them to fit exactly, does make a difference. I often wonder if the people on that show are able to keep up the look without the money or the stylists at their disposal.

DammitJanet

LOL KT...right. It is hard to find clothes that are flattering at Walmart. Especially if you arent a size 6. My local hair cut place has no clue how to cut your hair unless you tell them and since I dont know what to do with it, I just say...trim it!

Lothlorien

I am so mad that Cablevision does not have Food Network right now....as of the first of the month. I woke up the other day and went to put it on in the afternoon and it was gone. I wanted to watch this show. It looked really good. Food Network is probably my favorite channel ever. If this isn't resolved soon, I'm getting a dish!

DDD

Thank heavens that I don't have to worry about that one. :D Phew/Whew!
I agree on the "worst dressed" show because somehow they don't realize that we don't all live in LA or Manhattan. Sometimes....just sometimes....I wonder
if the woman who does the makeovers doesn't live for makeup and clothes as she takes a cab to her empty lonely fashionable apartment. :tongue:

What I would really like to know is how much money the contestants get for the "wife swap" shows. OMG :redface: some of those wives should also get a stint on "Hoarders". No way, Jose, can I even imagine how many $'s it would take.
DDD

DammitJanet

The Hoarders show makes me very sad. It really does. I can very well see how people get into that situation. One little thing erupts into a mountain that just cant be dealt with. I understand their pain and frustration.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The hoarders show also saddens me terribly. While I've never had any tendency to hoard things for the sake of having them, I have been so depressed that even taking care of basic household chores, bathing, all of that, was impossible

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I figure as long as I'm not on hoarders or intervention, I can still manage.

:rofl: Now THAT'S perspective for ya!

The hoarders point hits home for me today because I was looking at difficult child 1's nightstand, trying to find a key that I thought he had, and there is so much JUNK and TRASH that you can't even see the top of the table. I started picking up bits of paper asking him, "Do you need this?" and "How about this?" To which he replied, "Yes, I WANT that! I collect those." It was a movie ticket stub. Ugh. At least he let me throw away the old receipt. If anyone becomes a hoarder in my family, it will be him. He's a lot like my difficult child-dad. :(

I think I'm a fair cook. Problem is no one in my house will eat the stuff I like to make because they are too danged picky! That's why I love hosting for my gal pals once a month -- they are very open minded and adventurous when it comes to food! :D

Wiped Out

Staff member
I would not like to be nominated for worst cook. I've often told easy child to please send me in for What Not To Wear-I could really use the clothes-easy child says I don't need What Not To Wear so she won't nominate me!

DammitJanet

Ive tried desperately to figure out how to get nominated for Mobile Home Disaster but cant figure it out. I would apply in a hot second!