Long day... well, long week actually

tiredmommy

I'm posting this here because it isn't difficult child-related even though it's about Duckie.

Her allergies are through the roof: hives, allergic conjunctivitis and even a few itchy bug bites to boot. She 's been busy too; she had a four day week due to Memorial day but had her NYS Science Performance test, a field trip, a tap class, 2 dance finale practices, a Girl Scout meeting, a busy morning helping me with a yard sale and finally, she just spent over 8 hours at a recital rehearsal.

She's tired, itchy and miserable. And she hurt her ankle while dancing and has a nasty bruise. She didn't tell me about it until we were leaving so it went without ice for about three hours. Ugh!

I hope she sleeps well and feels better tomorrow. Some days it isn't easy being Duckie. :sigh:

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
It isn't easy being Duckie but she is blessed to have such an understanding mother. It's amazing she can hold it together with such a busy schedule. She must be moving into the easy child category.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'd be miserable with a schedule like that in addition to allergies. She is holding it together better than most adults. 8 hrs seems horribly excessive in my humble opinion of course.
Hope things ease up for her soon.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow............8 hrs for kids?

I hope the allergies let up for her soon. It seems to be a bad year that way. Aubrey has always had a bit of trouble in spring/fall.......but this year the poor child is having sleeping issues due to allergies and is grumpy as all get out. And normal she's through the worse of it by June.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
Wow! She is sure in a lot of stuff. Do none of these people realize they are KIDS? what is up with an 8 hour rehearsal after 2 other rehearsals Are they TRYING to cripple some of the kids?? There is LOTS of research that shows that pushing children like this before bones and joints are fully developed is incredibly likely to cause long term harm.
I does sound like a tough day.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Do you think she'd benefit from being tested and having allergy shots? Or does her pediatritian think this is something she'll grow out of?

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. We've been so busy that this is my first chance to respond. FWIW, she didn't dance the entire 8 hours; she had one dance shortly after arriving and had to stick around for the finale dance. She had fun, but was very tired. Her allergies have been barely contained at best this spring which I hear is pretty typical this year. She's on a full regime: zyrtec, nasonex, eye wash, eye drops, nasal saline and even had a dose of Benadryl due to her hives spreading quickly. Her allergy doctor doesn't think she'll benefit from shots yet so he's holding off for now.

So yesterday was a little better. She acolyted at church, ran an errand with dad, relaxed in the pool, went to a few neighborhood yard sales and hung out with a few friends for a short while. Today, she had her NYS Science written test and swim class. I think she may have been asleep before her head hit the pillow. ;)

M

ML

Bless her heart. Manster sure has benefited from the shots. It's been almost 2 years now and while he still has them, they are sooo much better. One generic clariton a day during allergy season seems to keep him comfortable. He is so happy because he just went from weekly shots to monthly. Please give her a hug for me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Poor kid.

The generic claritin and benedryl (when hives pop up) are helping Aubrey. Hers are affecting her sleep, that drip drip drip down the back of the throat. Turns the poor kid into a total difficult child.

I'm having a time too. Seems like this allergy season is lasting forever. ugh

april1974

Wow, hope duckie is feeling better, my ds M has eczema, so I get the worry over hives, itch, eyes, scratching etc. Hope this week is better♥
:sunny:

TerryJ2

Oooh, poor Duckie!
And what a full schedule she had. Sheesh.
She has earned her rest. And so have you. :)

tiredmommy

And... the proverbial pooh has hit the fan.

She was grumpy and slow this morning and I had to keep prodding her to get her out the door on time. Then, she was whiney when I brought ice pops to school for her class. And she was super talkative, grumpy, slow and whiney after school. I actually developed a headache from her but it began to go away as soon as she was in bed.

But on a positive note: she had to "audition" for 5th grade orchestra during her group lesson today (I suspect they all make it if they're going into 5th grade). They were all given a piece to practice last week with the understanding that it was a difficult piece, it's called English Round. They would play one voice individually and their teacher would accompany. They've only played the same music as the teacher up to point so this was a big shift and they were handed the assignment without going over the rhythm, etc. Duckie did very well. As a matter of fact, her teacher said she had never had a student play it perfectly before Duckie in all her years of teaching. She made the cut, lol! :rofl:

DammitJanet

could you just tell her the teacher made a mistake and she didnt quite a make the cut? LOL. Seems to me she has a enough on her plate! I do remember those days though. I used to keep the boys so busy that they couldnt even think about getting into trouble. Or so I thought. Seemed to work for Jamie but Cory got around me. Best laid plans and all that.

I have no idea what I am going to do with myself this coming year without Keyana to keep me occupied. I realize Cory will have this new baby but I am really not an infant type of person. I like them when they can talk and walk and pretty much fend for them self a bit. Say two and a half and up. Babies are cute and all but they just basically sit there...they cant keep you company and do stuff with you...lol.