Longing for some normality in life..

N

nandz

I know there is no such thing as "normal", but I guess I am just longing for just ONE day of knowing what its like to have a "typical" kid who doesn't rage, melt down, run around like crazy, not listen, or be defiant....maybe I am feeling sorry for myself right now, but sometimes you just need to wallow in self pity to feel better at times. SIGH..thanks for listening.

BusynMember

Well...I know it's hard. Do you know what the problem is with your kiddo? Do you have a diagnosis? That could help us give some suggestions. Have you read The Explosive Child? That's very helpful in my opinion.

H

HaoZi

Most parents of teens I know would consider a day like that pretty normal. You're not alone, if that helps.

B

Bunny

I can relate too. difficult child starts his raging, demaning tantrums and I think to myself, "Can't we go just one day without this **** going on?" I understand. I hope that today is a better day.

Pam

Farmwife

I always thought that "normal" would freak me out anyway so why bother. I am so used to chaos that a quiet day gives me anxiety now, just don't know what to do or expect. *sigh* Kind of tragic and funny all at the same time.

I would be afraid of a "normal" quiet teen. I would watch them as if they were some psychotic volcanoe just ready to blow any minute. lol

I need a nap. A long, alcohol induced nap on a beach. (a beach in a country that has outlawed teens)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Pity parties are a necessary part of raising a difficult child. You go ahead and let those feelings out. It's the only way you'll find the strength to soldier on.

(((Hugs)))