Lonnnng day tomorrow... OBGYN is inducing labor for girlfriend

pasajes4

She is a precious new life. Those two have a lot to learn about being co-parents. They don't stay in the hospital long these days. The birth cert. is usually signed as part of checking out.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Welcome to the world little Sophia! I saw the picture, what a precious baby.

He did very well.
I showed him how to hold her. He had never held a baby before.
He asked to see her toes, so I unwrapped her swaddling. Then he wanted to see her hair. And her hands. Mostly he wanted to see her eyes, but she wanted to sleep.
This is so special. What a nice memory for you and him.

I hope all goes well in the coming days.

PatriotsGirl

Oh precious precious little girl!!! Congratulations gramma...becoming a grandmother was probably the best thing that ever happened in our life. We love that little boy more than anything in the world!!!! <3

TerryJ2

Thank you all.
I just dread the days ahead, when Difficult Child and D are texting too much and leave the baby alone until she screams bloody murder, or when she's a toddler and makes her way out the door.
I have to just live in the moment.

D is still in the hospital. She's got headaches and nausea. I assume it's from the epidural. I hope she's not the kind who has headaches for the next 6 mo's or yr because of it. That can be devastating.
One day at a time.

Lil

First, she is a beautiful baby...such a precious little thing. I hope all goes well.

Now...I have to play lawyer and give this advice (for what it's worth - your state may be different).

If he doesn't sign to put his name on the birth certificate now, he can always do it later. But, if he does sign now, it is legally a binding declaration of paternity and he will find it VERY hard to contest paternity later if he suspects or find out for sure that he is not the father. Bottom line, if you can prevent it, don't let him sign until you do that DNA test.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
OMG, I'm late at this! Don't know what to say. Hope this baby can grow up in a normal environment. This is hard for me to read since I am infertile as is husband. Dare I say "congratulations, grandma"?

AppleCori

I am so happy that the baby and the mama are well!

Congratulations! The baby is so beautiful!

Is everything ready at home for the baby?

TerryJ2

Thank you all.
It isn't fair, ThreeShadows. My niece is trying to get pregnant and can't, but here is someone barely 17 and already has given birth.

In regard to testing, Difficult Child is home today, coughing up a lung. So he's not going to the hospital.
He also threw up this a.m.
D and baby S also threw up today. At first the dr assumed it was D's system from medications, so they gave her an enema. But then baby threw up.
Sigh.
They're still in the hospital.
I have no idea if anything is ready at their house. I've never been past the LR. And they won't let me use the bathroom. Apparently it's like a gas station in the Armpit of America.

TerryJ2

Like I said, I heard that it was unusable and disgusting. Poor Sophia ... and no wonder that D likes coming to our house ...

TerryJ2

Wouldn't surprise me. Sigh.
Meanwhile, Difficult Child was home all day yesterday, coughing and coughing. This a.m., he washed, brushed his teeth and disappeared. I saw him out the window, in H's car, parked in our driveway. Soon, she will have that wicked, nasty bug. On top of another wicked, nasty bug she probably has. :mad::confused::cry::devilish:
Natural consequences soon to come ...

BusynMember

It isn't fair, ThreeShadows. My niece is trying to get pregnant and can't, but here is someone barely 17 and already has given birth.
Too bad you couldn't talk her into adopting the baby out to your niece, which would both keep her in your family and probably give her access to the child, yet get Sophia into a stable home. Can't hurt to tell her and to try. It may turn out that she is too overwhelmed to raise the child. She's so young and I don't think your son will help her. It would probably be a relief to him too.

Just a probably "out there" suggestion. These young mothers are refusing to give their babies up for adoption, yet they can't raise them themselves...it's heartwrenching. For all. No mother wants to give up a baby to another couple but sometimes it's just the right thing to do. I doubt D's mother will want to be tied to the baby either. If she has a filthy house, she also is probably on the lazy side.

Good luck.

TerryJ2

Too bad you couldn't talk her into adopting the baby out to your niece,

OMG, wouldn't that be a dream come true? My little sister suggested that, too.

nlj

Beautiful Sophia!

Many congratulations x

(I think you may be jeopardising your anonymity by posting a link to photobucket. I am very conscious of this now after I risked my own anonymity several months ago by posting too much detail on here)