Looking at alternative placement for difficult child

flutterby

Fly away!
We were hoping for an out of district transfer, but the district we want is full and not accepting any out of district kids.

difficult child is not functioning in school....when I can get her to go. Up all night with her, she's melting down, then shutting down and I'm thinking that there is no way either one of us can do this all of next year.

So CW and support person from BDD (MR/daughter) are going to talk to the SpEd director and try to get difficult child into an alternative placement for next year. We have a preferred place and then a fallback place in mind. There are only around 7 or 8 kids in each placement.

difficult child does not want this. I'm making an executive decision. Please keep your fingers crossed that one of these places has an open seat and that the SD goes for it.

Thanks.

Heather,

School districts can be such PITA's:mad:!!! Hopefully, yours is much better than mine. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you're able to get your daughter into the placement you believe is the best fit for her... SFR

susiestar

Roll With It
I'm all pretzelled up!

Sometimes what is best for our kids is NOT what they want at the time. I hope the new placement is achieved with-o major battles with the school system(s) and that it is exactly what difficult child needs.

With difficult child back to being up all night, not able to go to school, melting down and shutting down, is it time to think about another visit to the psychiatric hospital for some more help? Is she refusing medications still? Or are they just not helping enough?

Sending my rhino skin armor to deflect all of difficult child's anger and angst.

nvts

Hey! I've got everything crossed - I hope they find the right placement...while she's up all night etc., are you making sure you're taking care of yourself? Make sure you're keeping an eye out for you!

Beth

trinityroyal

Crossing fingers and toes, and doing the nekkid chicken liver dance that the SD cooperates and this goes through.

I also agree with Nvts. Take care of you.

Sending hugs,
Trinity

LittleDudesMom

Fingers crossed Heather. Someone else said that very often our difficult child's don't want to do what is best for them - Amen! I'm crossing my toes too and it's going to be really tough to wear my new red sandals as planned today!

Sharon

DammitJanet

Hope news is good when you hear it. Sometimes I really do believe that if we can find the bravado to live through them until they are the mid twenties, they will be ok. Cory at least seems to be turning a turner.

TerryJ2

I've got everything crossed, Heather.
I hear you.
I hate the phonecalls back and forth.
I agree, you have to make an executive decision and just move ahead. You've tried so many other things.