Looking for a book - borrow or....

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Star*, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I am looking for a book recommended for reading by a college professor - it is called How to talk so your kids will listen - Faber.Mazlish

I feel it is probably going to be a brush up for me on the skills of Effective Communication.

If anyone has it - can you share or if you find it cheap let me know - I tried Amazon to get it through the CD site - but no go.

2. slsh

slsh member since 1999

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/How-Talk-Kids-Will-Listen/dp/0380811960"]Amazon.com: How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk: Adele Faber,Elaine Mazlish: Books[/ame]

There you go, dahlink! ;)
  3. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Your library probably has a copy (and a waiting list). It's a pretty popular parenting book and not that bad of one.
  4. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Merci boucoup mon amis.....

Mucho Gracias por Toto - mooey bien chica.
  5. Sue C

Sue C Active Member

I always start with my library. If they don't have the book, they can usually get what I want from another library. Sometimes you have to wait awhile, though. But it beats paying for the book! I've been waiting quite awhile for "The total money makeover : a proven plan for financial fitness" by Dave Ramsey and last night ordered "Hot flashes from heaven" by Ronna Snyder. Can't wait for that one to come in!!

6. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Here is is on half.com for about $4 plus shipping.

Might also try ebay.

It is a pretty good book. I just think my difficult child didn't get the "listen to anything parents say" gene. It certainly was an entertaining read, but didn't help us much.

I still think it didn't help us because difficult child just isn't normal. No one in my family is.