looking for a way to move out

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
my kids and their dysfunction are more then enough for me to deal with.

sorry venting, I made an appointment. with an affordable housing rep for Sept. after school starts,

Last edited:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sign up with the housing authority for low income housing or section 8 I think it is called.

You don't need to deal with all this poopy. Many hugs.

beth

klmno

It sounds like you already have a "Plan A"- good for you!! If they can't help you, ask them who can. Keep pushing for options- start writing a budget to see what you can afford, and don't give up. The more you do to gain independent living, the better you will feel, in my humble opinion! And, indirectly, I honestly believe that this will help a lot with the boys in the long run.

Steely

YAY! YAY!
I am so glad you are moving in this direction. SO glad for you.

I promise you that difficult child 2 will reap the benefits ten fold if you can get him in a healthy home environment.

As you know my sis died and we have set up a charity in her name to be used for funding children who need child care that cannot afford it. So today I received this letter from the admin of the charity about a new child they want to sponsor.

I thought of you. I thought about how if you set your mind to it, you can do ANYTHING. Your Mom is in as much denial as my Mom. And your dad, like my dad, although they love us, does our whole family more harm than good.

So here is the letter about this family's story told by the director of the charity, and the status update of whether they can fund the placement of this child in their daycare via H's charity.

Well " we're really close. S has connected me with M who is suggesting the child care space go to a woman named M and her child named K who turns 3 in September. Apparently, they were homeless not so long ago. X ( a social services organization) helped them get off the streets, helped subsidize their rent, and she found a job at the airport. Not ever wanting to be late for work she took to taking the last bus ride out to the airport at night and slept at the airport to arrive for her 5:00 a.m. shift. Discovering this, X helped purchase a car for her and included insurance for three months so that she could sleep at home with her child at night and still make it to work on time. The security of child care will allow her to maintain her stability.

M will be speaking to her today or tomorrow to share the news " we can only hope and assume she'd be interested if she can find K a way in to the center in the morning (as we open at 6::30). I'll keep you both posted.

This just speaks volume to the tenacity of the human spirit. I know you have that same drive.................go for it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Be sure to check with the domestic violence shelter in your area for help. They often have quite a few resources to help with. Your ex is abusive, as is your dad at this time. Even if it is not physical abuse, it still counts.

In our area they are AMAZING.

Also check with your church for help with start up funds or whatever.

KTMom91

Good for you! A hard decision, I know, but it will be well worth it. Definitely check with your church, and domestic violence shelters, and anyplace else you can think of that might give you either some help or a referral to someplace that can help.

Sending many hugs and an extra dose of strength!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Check with your local churches, too. Sometimes they have programs to help people get on their feet.

trinityroyal

AOG, you've already gotten great advice from others. I just want to chime in and say Good for YOU! I think this is the right move, and there are organizations out there that can help you.

Sending prayers and strength.

Trinity