looking for cooky recipe with Jello for cooky press

muttmeister

When my kids were little I used to make a good spritz-type cooky that went through the cooky press and it had a package of Jello in it so you could make red ones for Valentines, green ones for St. Patty's Day, or whatever other color Jello comes in. I have searched high and low and can't find my recipe. Does anybody have a recipe like that?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
If you are just looking for the color - food coloring in the dough works just fine...

Did the jello actually flavor the cookies?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Found this one online:

Jell-O Cookies (For a newly modified version of this cookie, check here!)(Yields 30 " 36 cookies)1/2 cup shortening1/4 cup butter1/2 cup granulated sugar1 " 3oz. pkg of Jell-O ( I used raspberry, orange, lemon and lime flavors…but my very favorites are raspberry and lime)Cream the above ingredients. Add:2 eggs1 teaspoon vanillaCream the eggs and vanilla into the sugar mixture. Add:2 1/2 cups flour1 teaspoon baking powder1 teaspoon saltMix well. The dough will be fairly soft, but not sticky. You don't need to refrigerate the dough before rolling. I like to use a scoop to make my cookies more uniform in size. Pre-heat oven to 400°. Roll dough into 1″ to 1 1/4″ balls and then roll in a bowl with about 1/2 cup of granulated sugar in it, completely covering the exterior of the dough ball. Place on the pan about 2″ apart. Using a flat-bottomed glass (or bowl) press the dough to about a 3/8″ thickness.

Instead of rolling - you should be able to push the dough through your cookies press.

muttmeister

Thanks, DaisyFace. I'll try it and see if it goes through the press OK. I wanted to make red hearts. And, yes, the Jello does flavor the cookies - that's why I wanted the recipe. It has a little more flavor than just plain cookies.