Looking for good thoughts and prayers for someone...

tiredmommy

I don't really like. I know that sounds awful, but she's a co-worker that can be very difficult and, frankly, adds a lot of stress to my job. She's set to retire after Friday, but her husband fell ill last weekend. She came into work on Monday and worked until 3pm because, well, I don't know exactly why. And she only left after I told her I'd finish out her shift until 5pm. Her husband had been admitted to ICU Sunday night for pneumonia. She worked 9-5 yesterday and called one of our pharmacists late last night to say her husband had gone into cardiac arrest. He was revived, but is obviously in very grave condition.

I'm very concerned about how she will handle things if her husband passes away in the near future especially if she no longer has the routine of going to work. Her children live out of town and her only surviving sibling is disabled and lives almost an hour away.

So... even though this woman is a major pita, I'd appreciate any and all good thoughts and prayers for my co-worker, her husband and family.

tiredmommy

I just received an update from another co-worker. Her husband's kidney's are shutting down and he is now on comfort care. :crying:

Mattsmom277

How sad :( Will keep this man and his wife and family in my thoughts. Even people that irk us to no end, are humans with families they love and they are loved by in return. I'm sure she must be going through terrible pain and fear. I hope that this isn't as scary as it sounds, that he can be helped in hospital and get well again.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I am so sorry TM. It is a sad situation and I'm sure tugging on you as well. Perhaps she was working longer that day to get her mind off of it all as it's all she knows to do? Sometimes we just keep busy and active to distract ourselves. Just like you are worrying now, what will she do if? It's a very valid worry and now seems more of a concern for sure. I'll keep her in my thoughts. And you as you will surely struggle internally too.

DammitJanet

I was thinking like Tia. Almost as if she was there with him in the hospital would make it all the more real. Now I dont think I could ever be that way but there are people who simply cannot deal with death at all well. especially when someone is sick and dying.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope and pray that he can be helped. What a cruel, cruel blow to have this just as she is retiring. I am sure she came to work to get her mind off things. She may not have known what else to do with herself, esp if her husband was not conscious or was a difficult patient. When I was a candystriper we were warned that often men will insist their wives go home or to work or anywhere but with them because they don't want loved ones to see them being 'weak'. We were told to stay OUT of these discussions/tirades/very angry and emotional confrontations and to get a nurse or doctor asap.

My prayers are with the couple.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Good thoughts being sent. As to why she would still go to work? For me when Dan was at his worst and I didn't know from one minute to the next when SO was going to ER and getting life support, work was my refuge. I didn't have to think about anything cept working. Ostrich like behavior I know, but it helped me keep sane

Marcie

Tiapet

Old Hand
So sad! I truly hope she can find a way to cope. Perhaps develop or take on an old interest/hobby she likes or put aside once upon a time and put her heart and time into that. I do also hope she has family or friends that can be there for her and give her the support to get her through what is going to be a difficult time.

HUGS to you TM as you may struggle with some feelings over this too.