looks like difficult child flunked two exams this wk

TerryJ2

Just checked his grades online. He flat-out refused to study. husband said fine, I'll take away your ipad if you come home with-D's. I have not told difficult child yet. I will wait for the official report, and also to talk with-the teachers.
I also found his girlfriend's bra in his room today.
:angrydude:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry about his tests and the bra! Me thinks difficult child is going to be very upset tonight! Hugs to you!

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
Good luck with this one Terry. I really hope husband sticks to his "threat" AND deals with the aftermath 100%. It's logical but you don't need to take the brunt of this one. As for the bra ..... well ....... no input there! LOL

That is awful Terry. I hate getting news like that. High school exams here are next week. I think difficult child might pass one class this semester - if he's lucky.

And the bra - well, yikes. That's a conversation that needs to be had as well.

I'll be thinking about you tonight.

buddy

So disappointing. I have no idea what it even is to have a kid who can do real school work, makes me sad when someone who is given skills to use won't /can't /????? Such a bummer. Wonder what he thinks he's gonna do as time goes on. Any news on the iep front? Maybe failing will work in your favor on that front.???

Buddy - I so agree with you! My difficult child is very smart and doesn't find school difficult at all - just needs to put in a little effort. It makes me so angry to see him waste that when my easy child has so many learning disabilities and has to work her buns off (and she does) to be successful.

Terry - Any more news on how he has done with the rest of his exams? I hope Buddy is right and you can use this for his IEP. Or would you rather not because it's more a factor that he just didn't want to study than a legitimate learning issue?

TerryJ2

He came home today and said he did well on his world geography exam. He gets A's in that class.
He said he thinks he didn't do very well in math and Earth science. Ya think? He said the teacher will decide whether he should repeat those classes.
I haven't heard from the counselor or teachers yet.
So far, he passed, geography, English, ROTC, DI tech and PE.

susiestar

Roll With It
Ugh on the grades. I hope husband follows through.

As for the bra, I hope you are ready because it is very possible he is or will be sexually active soon. I always recommend just keeping a box of condoms somewhere and replacing them as needed because you cannot stop them from having sex. Parents have tried for centuries and never found a way. So the best you can do is to try to prevent babies and diseases. Also have a frank discussion of these thngs often. I did find that having these talks in the car when driving somewhere an hour away was ideal. They cannot get away from you.

TerryJ2

Well, difficult child is grounded today. He was so obnoxious in the car yesterday, arguing with Every. Single. Thing. And then insisting it wasn't arguing.
I walked up to his girlfriend's door when I dropped her off and her mom came outside and difficult child continued arguing right in front of her. Then he started to cry. I told him fine, you can choose. You can be grounded now, or tomorrow.
He wanted to be away from me and that took care of that.
When he came home, he, husband and I had a mtng and I told him that we are going to up his medications, continue his therapy, and he is grounded all day Saturday.
This isn't even including the grade issue, by the way.

So this a.m., while I was in a mtng, I get a msg from girlfriend's mom, "So, do you want me to pick up the kids and take them to lunch?"
I called her back and said, "Kids? You mean D is over at my house? difficult child is grounded."
"Oh. I, uh, so, he's grounded all day."
"Yes. That's what I said yesterday. Did D walk over?"
"I'll go pick her up right away."

A little while later, the mom calls back and says, "D is grounded all week. She told me she was just walking around ... yeah, right."

Of course, difficult child insisted she didn't know he was grounded. Like she wasn't standing there while he argued with me and then begged and got teary eyed last night in front of her mom.

This is like catching frogs. They're all over the place and they're so difficult to keep track of!