Looks like the little Bean is coming home to mama's

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child, aka Bean, is moving home for a couple of days.

She's been having severe asthma attacks over at her boyfriend's mother's house. They live in the upstairs, it's a very old farmhouse. There is probably oodles of mold in the attic or something. I suppose it could be their dog - big and very furry.

In any event, Bean asked if she could move back home for a few nights to see if it's their house or something organic within her. I'm okay with it, but I did tell her all the same rules apply: weeknight curfews, clean up after yourself, contribute $35/week and help with chores. I sure hope it's organic...☺

Will I ever be a REAL empty nester?? Hahahaha, really this is okay, I'm not freaking out. At least, not for now.:sigh:

InsaneCdn

They say great minds think alike... I'm guessing that applies to twisted minds, too... but I have to admit... the first thought across my mind when I read your post, H&R, was... Maybe Bean needs to stay home for at least 4 months or so... just long enough that there isn't room for mother in law...

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am chuckling when I read your post - didn't think poor difficult child, but more along the lines that, wow, no room for mother in law - H and R lucked out and given a gift from the universe... ROFLMBO

And to be frank, someone 22 is more likely to find housing accommodations if she starts pulling koi again - Its hard to mandate "there is the door" to someone elderly

Marcie

DammitJanet

Not that I have any older generation left but I would sure like to find a smaller place so anyone else cant move back. Like any kids, Tony's family etc. Shudders.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL I was thinking the same thing about mother in law.

My grandma had the right idea.......once her last child left the nest she got an apartment with NO bedrooms. Just one of those beds that pull out of the wall in the livingroom. It was a cute lil apartment. I lived in it with her for 2 years. I asked her once why she didn't have a bedroom..........she told me so none of her kids could move back in! :rofl: (couldn't tell she had a family of difficult children now huh? )

As for the allergies, it's been a bad year for them in general. Could be about anything.

InsaneCdn

OMG - Totally!!! HeeeEEEeeeey, maybe I could stage it perfectly so there is no room at the inn when the time comes?? I could pay difficult child to live with us so mother in law can't!!!! Bwaaahaaaahaaaaaa

Of course, this strategy assumes that difficult child is the lesser of the two evils...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Of course, this strategy assumes that difficult child is the lesser of the two evils...

Oh, IC, she most definitely is. While I have a good understanding of mother in law, dealing with her on a day to day basis is unchartered territory for me. At least with difficult child I am well practiced at tuning her out, telling her no, and detaching from her whipped up drama. Know what I mean?? Eiyee! I would take difficult child over mother in law ten times over!

keista

AND once mother in law is in a place of her own you can feel free to get rid of difficult child. A KNOWN temporary stay. mother in law's stay would be indefinite.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
AND once mother in law is in a place of her own you can feel free to get rid of difficult child. A KNOWN temporary stay. mother in law's stay would be indefinite.

VERY true!

So, difficult child and her boyfriend (E) will be staying over tonight, then it will just be difficult child on her own. E doesn't want to be apart from her, but he understands. Then, next weekend, he will stay over with her because H may go to FL, I may escape to LI to stay with friend for the weekend, and easy child will also be away - difficult child and E will stay at our house and care for the dogs.

I was looking in that tiny room (now called the 'spare room') and wondered how she will fit her **** in there again - it's been a few years since she's had to squeeze all her stuff into that tiny space. And she certainly has a lot of stuff. Thankfully, she's only bringing clothing with her. Uh-oh, I just remembered there is no dresser in there anymore, hmmm, that may be a problem. It's only temporary - we'll make it work.