Lord, give me strength...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
to make it through the next few days of difficult child 2 off his stimulant.

He is emotionally reactive (lots of yelling and screaming today).

He is provocative (lots of teasing and annoying others and then physically lashing out).

He has the attention span of a flea.

He is a clumsy, bumbling accident waiting to happen, leaving a trail of messes, debris, and destruction in his wake (think Pig Pen from Charlie Brown joined with Taz the Tasmanian Devil).

I've had to keep him separated from the siblings to control the chaos and keep anyone from getting hurt.

Unsupervised, he managed to make a huge muddy mess on the hill and all over the walkway after being told NOT to, then later gave Herbert (the chicken) a mudbath. Relatively harmless stuff, but annoying nonetheless.

He did manage to help me match socks this afternoon after husband sent him in because he screamed in easy child's ear while they were helping husband clean out the garage. And he kept himself quietly occupied with some modeling clay at the art table while I sat at the computer to pay bills (although he got bits of the clay everywhere and made the floor a tacky mess).

Then just before I served dinner, he plopped down on the couch too hard and smacked the back of his head on a cabinet that's behind the couch and gave himself a nice goose egg.

Now he's sleeping in his room. I was concerned about concussion, but his eyes look o.k. and he said difficult child 1 woke him up too early. I think he wore himself out with all the emotions he's been going through today. I'm going to check on him again in a few minutes.

Tomorrow husband will have him and easy child all day since difficult child 1 and I are going to a charity benefit. I hope they survive eachother!

His teacher and principal had better think of some alternate activities for him at recess on Monday or there's going to be trouble...

house of cards

I feel for you, that level of activity would wear anyone out. Sending out huge bags of patience and strength for you, husband, and teachers.. and sibs.

crazymama30

Oh,I am so sorry. We had a day like that yesterday (just after school) and I was so glad to go to work today. I got up on time and even worked out before I started. It was great.

I hope he can go back on his stimulant soon. Good luck.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
also sending huge (((HUGS))) and sorry things are so out of hand right now. have you tried a bicycle helmet and knee pads?!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope he is doing better. I know when my difficult child was like this I would just pray for bedtime! Hugs.

KTMom91

I had to chuckle about the poor chicken and his mudbath...but I can so relate to the rest of it! Sending hugs and lots of pillows for padding. Hope you and difficult child 1 enjoy your charity event!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband was smart and kept difficult child 2 occupied watching movies all day. He was somewhat subdued when we got home from the charity event late this afternoon, but still restless and impulsive (lots of fidgeting and pestering other people).

I emailed the principal and his teachers to forewarn them, so I'm hoping by the time he gets to school tomorrow they have plans for what to do with him during recess and lunch. There is an aide in his class for another student, and she often helps out with him, so maybe they can just have her sit next to him tomorrow in class to keep him on task (ha! good luck with THAT!) Part of me thinks it will be good for them to see what he's really like off medications (although the Depakote is still in place) and part of me is anxious for him because I know it's going to be hard to get through the day...

Thanks for the good wishes. I've got a lot to ask the psychiatrist tomorrow about medications (fingers crossed he gets us in tomorrow morning!)