Lord give me strength!!

KFld

Just when you think you breathe a little!! difficult child has to go to this new program from 9-12 this morning or he would be kicked off the suboxone program. He calls me a few minutes before 9:00 because his car won't start. I'm not ready to step back and say get kicked out of the program, after what it took to get in it!! so I leave work and pick him up and bring him.
We get back to the hotel and his father goes over to see if he can start the car and the fuel pump is shot they think. So his father, my-ex brings him to work for 4:00 because he works the 4-midnight shift about half hour away, and guess who gets to pick him up at midnight because he also can't afford to miss work and there is nobody he works with who lives in this area!!
Since he's driving around with no license anyway, if he didn't have to get to work so he could pay for his hotel it would almost be a blessing in disguise that his car won't start. So his father will see if he can help him fix his car tomorrow and if not bring him to work for noon because he's working Saturday for overtime, and I will pick him up at 5:00.
Hope they can fix his car because I can't be running out at midnight to pick him up when I have to get up at 6:00 myself for work. If he worked in the same town that we lived in it wouldn't be so bad, but of course he doesn't.

Does this really ever end???????????????? Are we all destined to live this life forever???????

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Always darkest before the dawn.

Dunno, that just popped right into my head. lol

Keeping body parts crossed and saying a prayer they can fix it quickly.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Ok...I have to ask...did I read that right that he is driving without a license too? I dont think Cory is ever gonna drive legally. He will probably get the notice he is eligible to drive sometime after he is dead and buried!

Star*

call 911........call 911
(and star chants)

Al a mom!
Al a mom!
Al a mom!

YOU ARE A GOOD MOM! I believe this is an exception to the detachment rule? RIGHT? (RIGHT?) (echo echo echo)

H

HaoZi

He's showing the effort and asking for help to get to the place where he can do the right thing, I'd say it's a definite exception to the attachment rule.

Mom2oddson

I agree. As long as the kid is really trying, we should help them. And he seems to really be trying. I will keep everything crossed that the car is fixed in just a day.

KFld

Thanks everyone, and yes Janet he is driving without a license. He didn't even know it was suspended until a few weeks ago. He was in an accident over the summer, went to court to fight a ticket and didn't have his insurance card on him, so they gave him another date to come back to show he had insurance. Well, of course he forgets and doesn't go back so a few weeks he gets pulled over for something else, no ticket or anything, but the cop tells him he's driving with a suspended license. Luckily there was someone else in his car with him, with a license, and the cop let the other kid drive his car home!!
He is getting everything into place to get back to court and reopen the case, show he had insurance and then hopefully get his license back. We are going to work on that this week.

ex and I will bring him back and forth again today and hopefully they can fix his car by Monday.

Estherfromjerusalem

I think Mom2oddson is so right when she says "As long as the kid is really trying, we should help them." It is helping them along the road in the right direction, for as long as we can, until they "get it." I would have done the same, I know, detachment or not.

Hope you get it fixed soon, so he can drive himself.

Love, Esther

busywend

You know, if this was the only thing going wrong in his life, it would be no big deal. Add it on top of all the other issues and it is exhausting just reading it.

I hope it gets better soon!

DDD

The local authorities arrest young people darn near every day for driving with-o a license around here. Two of easy child/difficult child's friends are listed in todays police blotter. I hope where you live they aren't as eager to take people to jail...your difficult child definitely does not need that stress. Hugs. DDD

KFld

His car should be fixed by Thursday, so I just have to pray that between then and when he gets everything straightened to get his license back, he doesn't get caught. I'm sure with his luck though..........

And yes busywend, it is totally exhausting. I'm still waking up at night and tossing for hours. I am getting a few lunesta from one of my friends tonight so hopefully a few good nights sleep will give me a whole new attitude :)

I've been reading everyones other posts on here about detachment etc. and there is some great stuff, but I'm too tired to respond.