Lost a friend

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sad for my family and community today. A very dear family friend died yesterday morning. She spent the last 5 or 6 years fighting cancer.

She is now out of pain, but her family is hurting badly. Just 5 weeks ago she was given 3-6 months to live. The cancer spread too far to continue fighting. The chemo was just too hard on her.

She was the first adult outside my docs and parents to accept that I really had health problems. My mom was in a lupus support group and I would go along because my problems presented similarly to lupus. I remember two women saying that I should listen but not speak because I did not have "their" disease. K stood up for me, saying it was about helping people and building resources, NOT about who does or doesn't have a certain disease.

She said it in a way that made people laugh, and I was accepted after than.

It made a big difference in my life.

She is missed. I am glad she is not hurting anymore.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
She sounds like an amazing person, she most certainly will be missed.
Sorry for everyone's loss. Yours mostly.

Hugs to you

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm sorry, Susie. People like that are few and far between. How lucky to have her in your life.

Hugs,
Suz

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm so sorry, Susie. You have good memories and she probably knows that she had a big impact on your life.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie,

I am deeply sorry for the recent loss of your friend. She sounds as if she were a mirror of your advocating for the rights of others, and I'm sure she was proud of you for sticking up and continuing to fight for the little people who don't have the voice that you do. ((((((((HUGS))))))

Hugs & Love
STar

donna723

I'm so sorry, Susie. She sounds like a wonderful lady and I'm sure she will be greatly missed by all who knew her. Sanding lots of (((hugs))).

M

ML

Ah Susie I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a beautiful soul that made a difference in the lives of many.