Lost it. Confused.

susiestar

Roll With It
Yup. I lost it.

I tried to go to a website where husband has a $200 award to redeem from his company. He just today told me about it.

The page would not load. It froze up and stayed that way for 30 minutes. I finally got the windows key to work but as I tabbed to shut down (no touchpad function) it just shut down.

When it came on it couldn't find my personal settings.

I have done system restore. I tried to get through the maze of the event log.

Nothing works.

If husband cannot fix it I do have a backup, but it will take me quite a while to redo everything.

I am just beyond frustrated. If just ONE more thing stops working or messes up I am going to curl up in a ball and not come out.

Thanks for letting me whine.

I cannot even find the music and audiobooks I have stored!

Star*

call 911........call 911
When my computer got like this Susie* - I sang to it. I chose a lovely ballad......and it seemed to help it along in the fixing process.

I sang "If I had a hammer.....I'd hammer in the morning.....I'd hammer in the evening all over your processing unit.......lalalalah....."

:smashcomputer:

it didn't help get anything fixed.......but it did motivate me to puruse the 2nd hand stores and I found a used computer for $20, and had to buy and ethernet card for $20 and now I'm back up and running - and for $70 more I can get 2 sticks of RD ram and have nearly 1 GIG of ram.

That may help you.....you're very thrifty. ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That hoovers in a more than major way. :( I've gone through that with a easy child. I was sooooo mad! When I got my current machine a few years ago, I vowed to never have the crash-and-lose-it-all scenario happen again, so I bought an external hard drive and now I back everything up almost on a daily basis. It also came in handy when we had to evacuate in the fire. I just grabbed the little black box and ran.

Hope you can get it restored and get your data back!

Star*

call 911........call 911
My Mom bought me a little life saver called CLICK FREE and it's worth it's weight IN GOLD......also an external backup hard drive - HIGHLY recommended.....vs. hammer and singing. ;)

KTMom91

I'm so sorry, Susie. We just (I hope, I hope) have solved the problem of our DSL shutting down whenever it felt like it. I'd be in the middle of typing something, the little green light would start flashing yellow, and I was...Seriously Out of Luck (the G rated translation of SOL).

Hope you can get everything restored where it's supposed to be.