Lost my job, husband has an interview...

trinityroyal

It's official...
I just got word that the company I've been working for has a huge budget shortfall, and they can't keep me on any longer.

Usually, this is no big shakes for me. I work as a consultant, on contract. Normal assignments are 3 to 6 months, so I move around a lot. However, I've been with THIS client for 2 1/2 years (a VERY long time in my line of work). They liked my work, we all got along well, and they kept finding more and more for me to do, sometimes even letting me work 2 jobs so that I could make extra money.

The Director of the department I work in told me that there's still a TON of work for me to do, they just can't afford to pay for it.

husband is still out of work. He's also a consultant, and people with his specialty have been hit really hard. He hasn't had a contract in a year. According to the industry experts, people in husband's field have not seen a job market this bad in 25 years. So I've been floating the financial boat for the family.

With 2 incomes, we are just fine. With only one, we've been cutting it very close. Mortgage, bills, food...difficult child's Residential Treatment Center (RTC)!!! With nothing coming in, I don't know what we're going to do.

I've been contacting everyone I can think of--past clients, former co-workers, friends, relatives, to see if anyone has any job leads. I've even gone back to the temp agencies I worked with 20 years ago to see if I can find some work..ANY work, to start back filling.

After a year of pounding the pavement with no success, husband has a really promising job interview coming up next week.

Please say a prayer, cross fingers, rattle beads for us. I'm scared. Really really scared.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'll move it for you, Trinity. I'm so sorry to hear this. Times are really scary all over for job security and other economic issues.

I'll start the naked chicken liver conga line :xmasdancers: that something good happens soon for both of you!

Suz

Jena

I am so sorry to hear that. Such a time as well right before the holidays. Our economy is changing right before our eyes it truly is. Iv'e been looking for work for 5 mos. now and nothing.

Is there any possible way you can collect unemployment? They have also added new extensions onto it as well.

I'm so so sorry once again. My thoughts are with you.

(((( hugs))))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Trinity -

I CAN imagine how scary this is - thus the 2nd job, working 15 hous a day at a menail job for minimum wage JUST to stay afloat. My heart hurts for you. :(

Don't know if....but could you offer the company you have a contract with a cut to help them/you both out until this economy is better? I don't know what you do, but I would imagine brownie points could be earned for a future job security! ??

One, two, three tha CONGA....(hips girls HIPS) In the mean time or rather MEAN:mad: time - I know you are a bright, intelligent, gifted Christian woman who will persevere through this (yet another) trial and although we don't get the answers we THOUGHT we were looking for? There are some answers out there.

Best of luck to you! AND TO that slim, ultra smart hubby who WILL GET THIS JOB - NAILS THE INTERVIEW - (he needs it)

((((((((((((((((((((((((VIBE, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, VIBRATIONS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

la la la lah lah lah lah la.......

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh Trinity, I'm so sorry - I will send supportive vibes that things work out and H gets this job and you're able to land something in your field! I just had a panic attack when I discovered that I paid my bills and now have next to nothing leftover for groceries.

F

flutterbee

Oh, Trinity, I am so sorry. :( Sending lots and lots of good thoughts for husband's interview and that something opens up for you. Let us know how it goes.

These are really hard times. I feel so terrible for everyone struggling.

klmno

Oh, Trinity, I'm so sorry. This is my worst fear. I hope you or husband can find something soon. I know it doesn't help to know you're not alone but this is a tough time for so many people. Just hang in there and know we are here....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh man, that just bites. I sure hope you and/or husband can find something suitable FAST.

We're suffering from job anxiety right now, too. It's never a good time, but especially not now, just before the holidays. :(

Hang in there... things have a way of working out eventually. You just have to steel yourself and take it one day at a time I guess.

HUGS!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I will be dancing each night nekkid with the chicken in hopes this does something, besides scare the whole town, until you or husband get some good news.
I am so very sorry.
I was beyond happy this month that we were able to pay ourselves. But I am grateful we are still working.
I am so scared of the way things are going for so many people in this world. It just isn't right.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hoping a new job is on the horizon...... sounds like you have a good resume, so bet you will soon be employed..... thinking of you in these tough economic times....

katya02

Solace
So sorry to hear this, Trinity ... prayers going up, and sending hopeful thoughts and hugs. I hope something will come through for both you and husband, double-quick ...

mstang67chic

Going Green
Hugs Trinity. There have been a time or two when husband and I were both out of work....it's terrifying. I KNOW something will come along though for at least one of you. If nothing else...the holidays are coming up and places usually look for holiday help. Maybe you can use this time to reassess your resumes and see if you can apply your skills to other areas.

busywend

Trinity, I am so sorry to hear this. I know it is terribly stressful to wonder where the next paycheck will come from and more importantly - when.

Sending out positive job vibes to you and your husband!

witzend

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. husband got laid off just before 9/11 just after I had stopped working. It was terrifying. I hope that your husband's interview will go well. I have a good feeling about your prospects, but I know it is upsetting.

KTMom91

Oh, Trinity, I'm so sorry. Sending hugs, prayers, and several rounds of dancing that something turns up for you soon.