Love my new electric pressure cooker!

exhausted

It's a thing of beauty! Made a chili last night in less than 2 hours- from raw meat and beans(unsoaked)!
Would love any ideas or recipes that you use.

DammitJanet

Oh pressure cookers are great. I havent had one in years though. I remember being able to put things like a beef roast that would take 3 hours to cook in it and having it done in 45 minutes. It also makes things so much more tender. Corned beef is much better in one.

congrats.

buddy

I always get hooked on infomercials for these or when I see them on a home shopping channel. I dont impulse buy so dont have one but I have thougth that would fit my kind of cooking (and budget since you can buy cheaper meats right?? since they cook and tenderize better in the pressure cooker?). The time seems so much less and recipes look really doable for me. I hope you get lots of input. Try going to HSN where they sell them like under some of the Chef names... they always say there are links to the recipes they show on tv when selling them. could have some good ideas there.

DDD

I grew up in the age when "stay away because they can explode" was common. Here I am an old lady and I'm still afraid of pressure cookers. Sad but true. Glad you're happy with your new appliance...just don't leave it to me in your will. LOL DDD

buddy

i hear them talk about low pressure cookers...so is that why they r safer... or r some still high pressure?

exhausted

Sorry didn't read responses sooner! Its electric. DDD I too am affraid of the blame things. This is safer. It also has a browner and slow cooler settings. Yes it has low pressure and high pressure. I have been experimenting while on break. Made yummy sweet and sour ribs for New Years Eve. (45 minutes!) I got it because of a show called Fusion Grain Cooking. This guy cooks beans and grains in amazing ways.(trying to get people healthier around here! I did get a few of the grains today at Whole Foods to try some of his stuff.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mine has a safety valve deal........it warns you if the pressure is too high. Although I've used the old ones (my mom's) and that one had to be watched.

I didn't even know they made electric ones. hmm But easy child and I love mine.

My mom used to make all sorts of things in hers.........pot roast, chicken and noodles (homemade noodles)......easy child and I can in ours. Neither of us has tried it for regular cooking yet.