Lovely will find out revenge is SOOO great.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Long, but I GOT her.

Let me set the stage: easy child daughter, whom I'm staying with has now topped 402 lbs and only 21 yrs. In some sense, her dad and I have talked to since she was about 8. doctors. involved...no problems. She just eats too much. At her age now I am letting her make the choice what to do. She has her own personal trainer, a years worth of prepacked food for all 3 meals, gym membership, etc. We've really tried to help her.

She does not like alcohol because her dad was an alcoholic years ago. He's fine now. The day I got here about 2 weeks ago we went shopping for groceries and I got one of those box wines with the spouts. Every night I might have a glass or two. I get the lecture. So she makes an evil plan last night.

I noticed the box was gone and it wasn't as full as I thought or maybe I drank 3 one night.

That little bugger hid it the freezer so it would thaw out. Then...she cut the tip off the plug and as it slowly thawed it filled the bottom of my fridge and covered whatever was below with sticky wine.

I take it out and see it had been cut. So I methodickly cleaned everything and emptied out the box and placed it neacely where it was.

Here's my revenge. Anytime we ask her if she's going to the gym, seeing her trainer she indignantly yells...AND I AM NOT HIDING FOOD! She has always done that.

So this morning I'm trying to find my lost cell I look under her bed. She has a grocery store of finished items. Cheetos, choc milk, cookie, ice cream, pizza pans...I could go on and on.

Then I opened her closet. I thought I was going to be trampled. Five out of about 500 things were on hangers.

She and 4 friends come back for lunch, which they NEVER do to check on their plan. I had just gotten out of the shower and wanded from room to room just slightly out of view of the fridge. As soon as I'd hear the click of shoes, I'd clear my throat and mutter to myself...gee I should go dry my hair. They all run and hide. Damn. Where's my dryer? I'd slightly close the door...click, click. Oh, shoot, my comb is in my room. Hey, do I hear shoes out there? Hmmm...guess not. Quietly the left. I was trying so hard not to laugh.

Door opens and is my lovely daughter. Hey Mal! Get any sales yet? No. Bummer. Maybe I'll go fix us something to eat. You should have the look of shock on her face. MY PLAN DID NOT WORK!!! I'll take a tuna sandwich please.

Mal...I got a couple strange calls this morning. One was from your trainer and she says she hasn't seen you in 5 months. NO WAY! Well I haven't seen you go in 2 weeks and you're supposed to going 3 times every week. They other one was for the gym and the classes you agreed to do. They haven't seen you in months. Oh...I checked to see if you're taking your appetite suppressed in case you need more, but they're all filled. Finally, and this was really funny as I lost my cell this morning so I looked under your bed. Where did all this eaten junk food come from? Oh, that. Well, I was taking out the trash one day to fill it with my bedroom trash and it just went everywhere. So you just left it there? Yeah, I had to go to school. Hmmmm...

I was so calm. Well, I'll take my sandwhich now and sat down at the computer. (She's over with her own evil look making ME my lunch.):tongue:

I can be wicked.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Don't mess with Momma! You are good... mwahh haa haa!
Even if she needs help and can't do the steps or wont, don't take it out on you.
And she wasted your wine...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Don't get me wrong...we care about her weight even to this day and have provided anything out there except surgery. She doesn't care about her weight right now so how can I except it after. I think she'd keep the same patterns. She also sees a counselor. I'm worried about her getting diabetes.

Yes, and the draining of the wine....ooooohhhhh.

Abbey

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Sigh. I get where you're coming from on that... But she is an adult... You can't make her want to lose the weight.

Who is paying for the personal trainer? If she is... Then her problem. If you are... STOP. You are wasting money.

You can lead a horse to water...

As for the wine... take the box and put it under her pillow?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow... I'd get up with-him and say, look, we're wasting money here. But that is your choice. I'm a Scrooge when it comes to my $$$!

Star*

call 911........call 911
What ? She touched the WINE???

NOooooooooo baby girl........no touchy the boxy of boozey.

You are past evil.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey I'd stop paying for the weight loss stuff. You're throwing away hard earned cash. I understand your concern for her health. But you can support healthy eating habits and excercise without putting out big bucks.

She knows what she needs to do. And there is the possibility that you and her dad paying for this stuff is putting pressure on her which she is actively defying. You know how kids are.

I'd wait to foot the bill until she is very proactive about losing the extra pounds and getting healthier.

I can so relate to your problem here, because I have the same one. difficult child was always heavy, and he was like a total glutton, food was his drug. Hidden food, stolen food, and money would be stolen for food. In high school, he was on the football team and weighed about 210- his skinniest ever. As soon as footbal season ended he gained 100 pounds. He had a job, his own money, plus what he could steal from us and it allwent towards food. He would hide entire packs of raw cheese dogs and eat them all at one-the whole pack. I don't even know what a cheese dog is, as i've only seen the wet slimy empty pack. Plus he was violent and it was a bad scene . But the point is, unless these kids want to lose the weight -we can't make them because they sneak, it's an addiction. When he moved out, we went in the attic, it's in his room, and we found enough wrappers to fill 4 trashbags!!! We could have had some serious roaches or animals in there!!! He belongs to the gym, but never goes. You have to just accept. I know how much it hurts, you are in the same position I'm in- don't waste your money. My husband made difficult child join this gym, and the next day difficult child went back there trying to cancel and he couldn't, so he told his bank not to deduct the payment and now his credit is being ruined because he's not paying. But his credit is shot anyway from everything else-that's another story.