Low Simmer

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've been at a low simmer for the past 2 days.

Our power went out here in the high winds 2 days ago, nothing serious, EXCEPT that it fried all the software on my computer! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/throwpc.gif Seems husband had it set to turn back on after a power outage instead of staying shut down. grrrrrrr It's taken Travis the past 2 days working all day and evenings to get it where I can finally be back o/l. We still have alot of things to "fix" on it yet. :sad:

Nichole has been all but sleeping at boyfriend's house for the past week, so hasn't been here to help me do the xmas cleaning. Plus easy child had the cookie thing planned yesterday and all..... Well, let's just say I'm doing a quick cleaning up run through on a trashed house, and if that's not good enough too bad. I've been sick, and my kidney's have been giving me one hellova time this last week. I'm only human, I can't do everything.

Nichole wakes us up at 7am so the baby can open her Santa gifts. (I went to sleep about 4 am I think) Then we waiting more than an hour for boyfriend to arrive. Once the gifts were open they hurried off to his house.

Later I get a call from easy child. She wants me to move my dinner plans up to Noon! Why, cuz her mother in law is having dinner at the same time. This on top of already having xmas breakfast with all her kids. Uh, NO. I'M not changing MY plans that have been in place for weeks, which also happen to be set up the way they are to be able to include the kid's 94 yr old grandmother. easy child will just have to deal with it. Nichole and boyfriend have the same problem and are managing to deal with it.

If you're thinking I'm not exactly in the xmas mood today, you'd be correct. :bah-humbug: I'm trying, but the xmas spirit is just not kicking in. Oh, well. Hopefully the day will improve as it progresses.

Back to my cooking and cleaning. It won't be long before the kids arrive.

Merry Christmas everyone!

:santa:

Star*

call 911........call 911
.......but You Are ALL Together - that's a good Christmas any way you look at it. (Yeah I'm the dingydong angel of Christmas present)

Enjoy your nap after turkey or ham - you deserve it!

Merry Christmas
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad to say the day did indeed improve, and I got my xmas spirit back.

Have to give most of the credit to lil Darrin. I'll tell ya, that little guy can sure surprise me at times. I expected him to come over this afternoon all hyper and excited (and tired) from opening presents at his house, then at other grandparents house, then back to his house to ride the 4 wheeler Santa brought him....

But actually he was none of those things. Oh, it was obvious he was enjoying xmas, but no bad stuff at all. And then when we sat in the livingroom to open presents he suddenly decided he HAD to sit with Nana. Then I HAD to open HIS present to me first. Then he so very sweetly asked me if I liked it. Well of course I liked it, it was a large stuffed Dopey. lol And I told him I loved it. Then he wrapped his arms around me and really hugged me like he knew I needed it.

Sometimes I think he has a sixth sense about such things.

But no way could I stay :bah-humbug: After such heartfelt sweetness.

:smile: