Lyrics that really hit me

SuZir

We have been talking about our difficult children making Fb that are song lyrics. I am about to do the same here. You can blame it to one more sleepless night and juvenile tendencies that causes.

I have been listening some music and looked and listened what my difficult child has been listening in Spotify recently. I do that at time for my boys just to keep up with more contemporary music. Though now I was maybe looking for a connection to him after receiving such a heartfelt and eloquent answer to my plea that he would take a honest look to things that lead him to truly life threatening situation and sought professional help to sort those things out. And promised to pay for that help and reminded him how precious he is to me and his dad. I can quote his whole reply: "Yada yada, yada."

I noticed he had listened one popular band that makes music that usually isn't for his taste and one song especially so I listened that. It is one of their less popular songs of theirs and while I have likely heard it before I had never really listened the lyrics and now they really hit me.

The song's theme is about how we are made of priceless material and how we stray and these parts (these are rather rough translations, sorry) especially hit me:

"Far from the route to which we started out for
with light in our eyes.
Someone changed that.
Although I see, what I'm doing
I'm running again to dance on the minefield."

and

"Masks are for us, who wear scars that tell the tale one doesn't want to showcase to the world."

First it hit me how it reflects to my son. Then it hit me, how it reflects to my own life. And then, how it reflects to my parents and grandparents and generations before them. That talk about third and fourth generation is clearly underestimate at least when it comes to my family.

My Whelp indeed.

Last edited:

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
SuZir, can you reveal the name of this band? I like the imagery of willingly dancing through a minefield. Aren't masks amazing? They have meaning in so many cultures.

SuZir

Tourette's Syndrome: I will send you a PM. While some of you have probably correctly guessed my country of origin, I will not like to spell it out for some random person to see.

This same band has quite a few songs dealing with mental health. I listened some more of them and this could be a theme song of many of our adult g f gs (again rough translation):

"I doubt I will meet common approval
my visions are twisted
Is it possible to define the line
where silly becomes scary?

One shouldn't think like this
But that isn't the only thing I do wrong

There is a problem in me
some mistake in the programming
The shortages in the code
I replace with unpredictability
Feels like my maker forgot to write it to the forehead
"Shake before use"