M is 25 tomorrow

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by witzend, Aug 11, 2011.

1. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

And he has a job. He's still living with husband's mom, says that his bike was stolen, and that is about the long and the short of it. I just hope he actually keeps the job instead of using it to move in with some gullible prat to get out of "Granny's" house. I sent him a card with a $50 gift certificate to the grocery store. I didn't even remember until this morning...

Can I get a "hootie-hoo!" for M and his job? I really hope that he figures out how to stick with it and get his own place. We'd help him out if he'd try, but getting a job and keeping a job are two different things.
  2. keista

keista New Member

hootie-hoo!!!!! And congratulations to M for getting a job. Pretzeling in hopes he keeps it.
  3. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Hootie-hoo for M's job...hugs to you.
  4. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Hootie-hoo and:bdayparty:too!
  5. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Well...Hootie Hoo! He is now a quarter of a century old. Maybe you could tape 4 quarters into the card and tell him he is one 4th over most probably his life. Whats he gonna do in the next quarter?
  6. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Happy Birthday M---there has to be hope---sometimes its all we have.
  7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Happy Birthday to M.

I hope he keeps this job, they're getting harder to find.
  8. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Amazing, isn't it? Who woulda thunk! Fingers crossed that he is finding the road to a healthy future. Hugs. DDD
  9. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Hootie-Hoo and Happy Birthday to M (and you, Momma)!! My birthday wish for him is that he keeps his job, sees the light, and makes only well thought out decisions from now on~
  10. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Hootie-Hoo and Happy Birthday Too!

Wishing M and his mother a wonderful birthday, and sending very good thoughts to both of you. Here's hoping this is a turning point for M.
  11. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

I'm hooting & hooing, too - and pretzeling that he keeps the job. They are HARD to find now.

And - in my opinion - birthdays should be celebrated for the people who have done all the hard work. SO... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WITZ!!! :wink:
  12. CrazyinVA

CrazyinVA Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hootie-hoos from this corner too! A job is a GOOD thing.
  13. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

A job is a great thing! Now if only he could find in his mind the connection between having a stable job and having a stable home. I feel awful for not having great faith, but there have been so many disappointments...