Made gains

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Shari, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I gained 10 degrees in flexion and 18 degrees of rotation in my wrist. Yay!!!
  2. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Way To Go!!!

Glad you could ignore the "immobilize" part... LOL
  3. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I stopped and saw my pt's on Monday on the way home and let them know the change in plans. When I was there today and told them it was a mixup, Pt who worked on my ankle was incredibly relieved. He was as worried about losing ground as I was. And I do have minor loss in the ankle, but nothing concerning. Could just be from swelling from surgery but isn't enough to really worry about. I just can't express how frightening the prospect of 2 weeks down was...I know it sounds anal but I worked my tail off to gain every degree I have, and the thought of doing it again....well, it just wasnt pretty.
  4. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

This is great news!
  5. keista

keista New Member

Congrats! Way To Go!
  6. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I really notice a difference in my ankle, as well. Still very stiff when I first get up, but apparently I felt the hardware more than I realized, because now I don't feel anything unusual in that part of the foot. I'm thinking it may be possible that at some point, this thing won't feel like a foreign object on the end of my leg! Who knew!!!
    All in all, I feel good. Hasn't been nearly as painful as I expected, and even stretching and pushing ROM hasnt been painful - I feel the stretch, but no more pain!
  7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Wonderful news Shari! Keep up the good work.

8. shellyd67

shellyd67 Active Member

That is great news Shari !!!