Made it through the day without the secret service taking Q.....

buddy

into custody! LOL

The Pres. was at a business right next to Q's school. So the kids all got shirts and flags. The kids had to stay behind the sidewalk on the grass and Q kept forgetting (or just doing it???) they told me. Q says that three times the SS told him to get off the sidewalk.

THEN, Q kept asking about the BOMB over there.....(and,yes his voice is loud) .... He has recently understood what a propane tank is and there was one on the other side of the field. He had asked me why a sign said prohibited vehicles not permitted in the tunnel in part of the city so now he calls anything with a tank on it a bomb. Good grief....the teachers said he got LOTS of SS looks.

In the end reminders worked find and he cooperated well. He was so happy with his shirt and flag (which I just call a long stick with a pointy thing to annoy mom, thank you very much).

Glad you all didn't have to see Step's vision of a CD board member being in the news come true!

T

TeDo

YEAH Q!!! Did he get to see "the man"? Did he even realize what all the hubbub was about?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Tourettes? Wouldn't be unheard of or uncommon with someone with a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).

I've known folks with tourettes that if they're keyed up really high and would be in such a situation would be saying all sorts of similar things really loud. It would just come blurting out.

Glad he had an exciting afternoon.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Glad he wasn't on the news and that he got to see the President. When my easy child was in 2nd grade we were on a field trip lunch break when President Bush drove by in the bus and motorcade. We all stood on the sidewalk to watch them go by and he stopped in front of our group and came out to say hello to the kids. We took lots of pictures for her memory book. She is almost 18 and wants to go into politics and pre law for college.

buddy

When asked if he saw the president he says yes. That his friends said they did. LOL. He says he was in the dark car. I'm sure he was in one of the dark cars anyway.

Ktllc

That is a good little adventure. I'm glad he was able to be part of all the excitement and leave through it to tell the story! ;)
If he is anything like my boys, I'm sure the annoying little flag will be broken or lost in no time, be patient until then LOL

Malika

There's a scenario for a film... special needs boy talks excitedly about a bomb, security agents jump on him and miss the real terrorist stealthily pulling out his gun to take down the president... sorry, fevered imagination here. Glad Q survived the day to tell the tale!

L

Liahona

I wonder if they looked up information on him afterwards. That is such a funny story.

buddy

If he is anything like my boys, I'm sure the annoying little flag will be broken or lost in no time, be patient until then LOL

Not to be unpatriotic, but here's hoping!

So, tonight he was with his Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker and an elementary school next to the middleschool had a carnival. actual kiddie carnival with .25 games and food. I now have a boy in an Obama shirt, with a red white and blue flag, with green, blue, and yellow sparkle hair and a tiger on one cheek ...and a baseball on the other...guess they didn't know how to draw a NASCAR race car.

L

Liahona

My house the flag would "disappear" overnight. The kids don't normally miss them.

Q sounds really cute.

buddy

I eventually have lots of things "disappear" too. Can't do it the first few days....but eventually, smile...

And the hair and cheek....ummm, he will position himself so that it doesn't rub off and somehow he manages to keep that stuff on his face and hair for at least a day. I gave up trying to get him to wash up on those days, he eventually figures out it is not looking great anymore....then hits the shower!

donna723

How exciting for him! I'm glad the kids got to see the President and to be a part of it all!

Just so you don't feel like the Lone Ranger ... my son once came very close to being chased down by the Secret Service! And he was almost eighteen years old and a senior in high school! Unfortunately, he was also going through his "tobacco chewing" phase - all the kids had to try it for a while. He had just gotten out of school and was headed to his part time job at an auto parts store and was going to make a quick stop at the convenience store to buy another little can of tobacco. He was signalling and started to make the left-hand turn into the store but before he could make the turn, this long procession of big black cars and limos started coming from the opposite direction, just slowly crawling down the road ... Al Gore's motorcade! I don't remember now why he was here but they made a big huge show of it. And my son is sitting there and sitting there waiting to turn, getting more and more impatient, and finally he just cut right between two of the big black limos into the convenience store parking lot! They did NOT like that at all! He told me about it later and I was afraid too that he would make the 6:00 news, but he didn't. I asked him what ever had possessed him to cut right through the middle of Al Gore's motorcade! He looked at me like I had no sense at all and said, "But mama, I was almost out of Red Man"!

Last edited:

SuZir

Well, isn't it always on the top of every mom's check list for the day well spent "My kid not taken by the secret service?" :bigsmile:

I'm glad to hear Q had such a exciting day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Love this! Reminds me of the time President Obama spoke at difficult child's school and I was the only parent that received a "special" invitation to attend. I think they were afraid difficult child would be taken by the secret service!

buddy

Thanks everyone I knew you'd get it.
So funny abt the special invite. I got a similar invite to a school concert. Reserved chairs up front so they could grab us and get us out I assume. When I sat at the reserved signs I had several parents point out that those were special reserved seats. I finally said I know! They are for ME. I guess I didn't seem important enough for front row seats. I made a huge stink after that that it was a school event and I was going to be like every parent. An aide could be there. Funny thing is for all his issues Q has never had an issue at a school program, field trip, or party/dance.

DammitJanet

LOL....so glad the SS was good about it but Im sure they have dealt with worse.

This reminds me of the time I took Cory on his first plane ride and it was after 9/11. I gave him a long list of words he was NOT allowed to say. To this day I wonder about what would happen if someone had a friend named Jack and someone wanted to greet them in an airport. "Hi Jack!"