Major Neurocognative Disorder?

Brodi

What exactly does it mean? When I googled it I the answer was "Dementia". I sure as hell don't have dementia!

I had a neurpsych done last year and this was part of the Diagnostic Impression:

Major Neurocognitive Disorder due to uncertain etiology, consistent with medical history, without behavioral disturbance, lateralized primarily to the right hemisphere.

along with

Specific Learning Disorder with impairment in number sense, memorization of arithmetic facts, and accurate calculation and accurate math reasoning.

We do know I have brain damage, is it just a fancy term for that?

InsaneCdn

We do know I have brain damage, is it just a fancy term for that?
Not "just" a fancy term... sounds more like a detailed-level description of the brain damage. It describes exactly what areas you are impaired in, although the "neurocognitive" term may leave the door open for additional areas to be documented.

Copabanana

Brodi, there are all kinds of neurocognitive disorders, some localized, others global. Dementia is a neurocognitive disorder that affects global functioning and is progressive. That is, it gets worse.

Many of us have neurocognitive disorders that are localized, affecting only one small area of our functioning, and which will not progress.

Try to ask your physician directly if you have concerns or want information about a diagnosis. All of us can get ourselves in real trouble if we try to get information on the internet.

Take care.

COPA