Major thunder/lightening/rain

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok, Beth and Linda...you have a few screws loose.:tongue:

Talked to mother in law this morning. She has lived here all her life and said she's never heard or seen a storm like that. They went into their basement as they thought a tornado might come through. It shattered one of those bottom level mini windows during an Atomic Bomb thunder crack.

Ummm....hello??? Nobody mentioned TORNADOS!!!! Could you have given me a ring on the telly? Maybe give me the heads up?

"Ring...ring. Just thought I'd let you know...we've lived here for 65 years and have never seen a storm like this. You might want to head to the basement in case of a tornado."

That would have been nice. Instead, mother in law is calling me constantly wanting to know if I want her curtains from 1811.

Guess it was an electrical fire INSIDE the house, hence the firetrucks. (mother in law knows this...nothing goes unnoticed by her. Wonder if she knows I smoke.):anxious:

Abbey

DammitJanet

Abbey...I suggest you make up a nice room in the basement. Comfy lounge chair, battery operated radio and tv...maybe one of those hand cranked numbers. Some of those even have a place to charge your cell phone. Put a cooler down there so you can have a nice assortment of drinks on hand...and take your blankie. Oh...a few candles or those coleman lanterns that run on batteries so you can read.

Pretty soon you will be an old pro at thunderstorms and look forward to the time alone they give you.

Andy

Also, tell neighbors where in your house you take shelter. I just thought of this one this summer when we took shelter in tornado weather. I spoke with our neighbors and we shared where we would be in case our homes where destroyed. We want rescuers to start in the right area.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Will do all of that.

Thought it was kind of cute. husband put a sign on our front door where to rescue our parrots in case of fire, etc. "Go downstairs to the right...last door. 3 parrots."

He curses those guys up and down, but loves them to death. There is no sign, "In case of emergency, upstairs 4 doors down is my wife."

Abbey