Major Whine..........darn it!

DDD

My husband turned 78 this month. easy child/difficult child is still on probation. I jumped when I
heard the Orlando Magic and the Miami Heat were playing basketball on 10/22 and bought tickets immediately for the two of them to share the experience.
They both love basketball!

Today they left home before four to get to Tampa for the BIG GAME. It was a day full of anticipation and excitement. In order to get permission for easy child/difficult child to leave town I had to BEG his probation officer to let him go. It was not easy to listen to her tell me that he wasn't allowed to leave town, etc. etc.

Guess What?? The game was cancelled as they sat in the Forum waiting for it to begin. The Forum let an ice hockey game take place yesterday and the floor
was "still wet" and a "danger to the players".

OMG! It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Now they are driving back home
disappointed and depressed. Life is an itch and I am as disappointed as they are. I know it is not life threatening (we've already been there when easy child/difficult child had his brain surgery). It's just one of those horrible ironies of life. I'm majorly bummed out. None of us can believe it! husband has known for weeks what his present was and easy child/difficult child was kept in the dark until yesterday. Whine!
DDD

Wiped Out

Staff member
DDD,
That is so not fair!:( I'm so sorry it turned out that way-it was such a thoughtful gift for the both of them. I'm sorry.

DDD

In the paper this morning the writeup says there were almost 20,000 disappointed fans. At least the guys (and me) weren't alone in their frustration. Turns out the person I wouldn't want to be is the new Manager of the Forum....he's only been on the job three weeks! Yikes.

Thanks for sympathizing over something that really isn't earthshattering. I just had to vent last night after seeing it announced on television as I was settled down to watch the game and, lol, trying to see my guys on TV. DDD

DDD

Evidently others had it worse! One family flew in from Israel and another from Canada....birthday celebrations, too. Yikes
their plane fairs, hotel accomodations and disappointments make it seem like our family has a minor whine, lol. DDD