Making their online debut

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
The newest members of the catinthehat house

They are so adorable. All but the calico has opened eyes. I didn't realize they did that so quick. The brown one (first born) was the first to open eyes. Walked past the tote they are in and he was looking out at me. They are soooooo adorable. husband says we aren't allowed to keep any. We will have to enter into negotiations on this issue. As I will need to keep at least one. I know we really shouldn't keep more than that. I don't think easy child and I will agree on the one though. She likes the brown one (he was birthed on her) and I like the calico or the black with tortiseshell.

Well just thought I would share some of the pictures of the newest ones to my household.

beth

maril

Thanks for sharing. What an adorable bunch! Hope your negotiations go well. :D It surely would be hard to let anyone of them go.

Andy

How will you ever choose? Rock, Paper, Sissors? (I have a pretty good record of winning with that one)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Those guys are a little post=mature. Mom kept them in the oven a bit longer than normal.

Their ears are already unfolding, and the eyes should not be open until 7 or more days after birth.

Be very careful to disinfect your hands before touching the kittens--it's easy for them to get eye infections as while the eyes are open, the immune/tear systems might not yet be working properly.

Oh...if you can tell me if the "red" (orange) kitten is male or female; I can tell you what color the dad was.

Oh again, you will be taking mom to be spayed once the babies are weaned, right?

F

flutterbee

It's a really good thing you live where you do.

Repeat to myself: No more kitties. No more kitties. No more kitties.

They are so sweet!

Star*

call 911........call 911
WANTS THE ORANGE KITTEH!!!!!!!!!!
AND THE THIRD BLACK KITTEH!!!!!!!

Oh Beth they are PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFECT!!!!!!!!!

THanks for sharing - With just me and Pootie being the only girls here I needed an Awwwwwwww moment.

susiestar

Roll With It
They are so adorable!! I want a couple!! But we already ahve two cats, so no more here. Besides, Capn Morgan might accidentally sit on one, and that would be awful. He is clumsy.

We need Kitten Tv like that web channel that witz posted with teh Shiba Inu puppies.

The black kitten in the picture labelled 13.jpg, does he have white stripes up his nose? He reminds me of a baby skunk with a while stripe. His name should be Flower.

They are ALL adorable. Thanks for sharing them with us. And for planning to spay the mommy as soon as it is feasible.

janebrain

Oh, they are so cute...the calico looks very much like my calico cat, Callie. What a variety of colors you have! I absolutely love cats!!!
Jane

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Okay. Dad's 90% sure to be a black cat with or without white.

Mom is a "Bleu Creme" meaning she's a dilute of red and black...this is an effectively all female color because the kitty has to get one red x and one black x (plus the dilution gene which is recessive)

So...had dad carried dilute you would've gotten some blue or cream babies. He's a solid because solid is recessive to tabby.

Had he been tabby you would've had tabby babies for the most part.

To get red/cream female babies mom must have a red x to contribute AND dad has to be a red/cream cat.

I can go into this in depth but I'm guessing your eyes are already glazing over.

toK (and good for you for having momma spayed once the babies are weaned)