Mama got run over by a feline...

KTMom91

I was supposed to work today...but I tripped over one of the senior cats, and fell down. Hard. My left shoulder and wrist are throbbing, my ankle, knee and hip are aching, and plans changed to include a call to the doctor rather than a day with first graders. I've had so much trouble with pain lately that I was kind of afraid to just blow it off, so I'll take it easy today.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup, sounds like a good plan. And anyone who has ever fallen over a cat knows that you never land gracefully when it happens. ughhh This is why I tend to avoid Mr Underfoot unless I'm sitting down. He does that weave in and out of your legs thing even if your walking, especially if you're walking, hence his name. I've fallen over him so many times I've lost count.

I hope there was no serious damage done. Spoil yourself today. ((hugs))

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm pretty sure my tombstone is going to read, "It was the cat."

Hope it's nothing serious and you feel better soon.

(((hugs)))

M

Mamaof5

Flutterby: I had a good giggle over the "It was the cat" comment. For me, it would be "It was her ownself" I'm clumsier than the definition of clumsy lol

Hope the injuries heal fast and well KTMom!

Mom2oddson

Mine will say "It was the lab".

I'm sorry you are hurting. I hope you are able to heal quickly. The worst part of falling over an animal is that it's a total surprise. I'm usually on the ground before I realize that I got tripped. My lab loves to sneak into the kitchen and lay right behind me. I think she hopes I drop dinner one of these times. I'm afraid I'll fall on HER and she'll get hurt too.

Be gentle with yourself.

donna723

I hope you heal up quickly and are feeling better soon.

With me, it's the dogs too. Mine conspire against me and if you listen closely, you can almost hear them giggling! I don't have a fenced yard so I have to take them outside on a leash, and down the five concrete steps from the front porch. They have a favorite trick ... one will be pulling hard on the leash going down the steps - the other one will get directly in front of me and come to a dead stop on the steps while the first one is still pulling me! I'm amazed that I haven't broken anything yet! The worst so far is landing face first in a mud puddle!

trinityroyal

Maybe there's some sort of karmic balance thingy going on. Cats always land on their feet, so the rest of us have to land on our faces when tripping over a cat?
(One of the many reasons I don't keep pets. I'm klutzy enough without the extra help.)

Hope you feel better soon Mary, and that there's no serious damage.

Hugs,
Trinity

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh.... I hope you're doing okay!

Trinity, I have the world's klutziest cats. Honestly. They do not always land on their feet!

But, yes, they conspire. Squirrel loves to lie on the 2nd or 3rd step from the top (there are 12 1/2 steps). Best when it's dark.