mamo update

K

Kjs

Yes. Good news. All Clear.

They took many, many films. Then sat me down. Then came back and said Dr. wanted MORE films.

Then Ultra Sound. Then after the Tech did the ultrasound, the doctor came in and did it.

Then spoke to my husband and myself. He said

"we take a 3 dimensional object and squish(ya think!!) it into
a 2 dimensional view. Tissue tends to compress and overlap on the views at times. So the additional views are necessary."

I think I am lop-sided now. Cause I think I am swollen! Man, can they crank that thing down. Then they say, "breathe normal but don't move". Heck - I couldn't breathe at ALL!

I was so scared. So many thoughts racing through my mind. I honestly didn't think husband would go, and he did. After the doctor spoke to us, I realized that husband was really scared. He really was.

I left the clinic and went directly to work for 12 hours. (was suppose to be 6 hours max.) And yes, now I work for the next 4 nights.

Thanks you soooooo much for your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate you guys so much.

Thank you

meowbunny

I'm so glad everything is good and that you weren't alone through this ordeal.

As to your husband, sometimes I think they're more frightened than we are. Men are fixers. All of a sudden, the woman they love needs help and they can't do a darn thing. All they can do is stand by and watch. That is torture to them. If they are semi-sensitive men (and most men are even if they try to hide it), they do imagine the very worst and there is nothing others can say to make them feel better. They need to hear all is well from the pro before they really start to breath again. Glad he's back to breathing.

Now be prepared to have questionable mammos from now on. If you move, be sure and get a copy of all x-rays and ultrasounds so that your new doctor/hospital will have a baseline and you won't have the joy (?) of lots of extra squeezing.

For now, go do a happy dance or two or three. (Yes, happy dances between the sheets count.)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Regarding being lopsided? You could go braless - it's so liberating!

VERY VERY GOOD NEWS MY FRIEND!!!!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm so happy for you.

Yes, mammos are not the most pleasant thing to go through. I never thought they could squish my...boobie...to a pancake. Yet, they did.

You actually had your husband go with you? Girl...that's a keeper.

Abbey

ctmom05

It's true, medical issues.....particularly the dreaded "unknown" provokes a lot of darn anxiety. It often doesn't matter what else you have already been thru, you lose a little sleep and think about the "what ifs" a little more than you would like.

Your news is wonderful and I am glad you shared it with us, thank you. Significant others in cases like this also need support.

How about a little celebration - you deserve it!

witzend

I'm glad everything turned out well, and that husband went with you. Good advice from all on keeping good records. Get some rest, now!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Glad it turned out to be much "ado" about nothing......Great to know that your husband could step up to the plate when things get tough! Having a glass of wine in honor of your "boob smashing"......

4sumrzn

Wonderful news! I can only imagine how stressful it was up until the results. Take some time to relax now....you deserve it ;)

TerryJ2

Yaaaaaay! Way To Go! What a relief.
Sorry you're squished, and that you had to work so many hrs. I know you will earn a good night's sleep this week! Give your husband an extra hug, too.

klmno

I'm so glad it turned out ok. But sorry you had to go thru it. I understand because I had the exact same thing happen. It was one of the most stressful and frightening things I have ever had to deal with. I have gone back a couple of times for checkups- more tests- and am always scared that it will have turned into something. But so far, it is the same and they don't seem to be too worried about it anymore. I hope it is the same for you- I was told that "some of us are just made like that"!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so happy for the good news, the "negative" news... but I am in pain just thinking about it... have yet to have to go through one of these.
Hope they recover soon!