Manster is cutting his playtime short

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by ML, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ML

ML Guest

He and S have played really well this summer. They've spent a lot of time together and have gotten along together great. But all of a sudden he's wanting her to go home. I think maybe he's recognizing he wants his down time. I guess that's good but we're afraid he will lose her friendship completely if he doesn't at least do it more tactfully then "ok S, bye bye" lol. I tried talking to him and he does not want to lose her friendship but he says he gets tired of playing.

I guess I can understand. He's had to "play" and socialize all day at daycamp and he's done come 7:00 at night. During the school year they don't have the luxury of playing during the week because they have homework. I just think it's time for school to begin again. Though I am sooo NOOOOTT ready for the homework wars.

Lasted edited by : Aug 10, 2009
  2. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Can you try to head-off the problem by ending the play dates no later than 6:45? It would be ideal if Manster could start to recognize his impending need for downtime a little earlier so that he could start to wind down the play time more gracefully but that's not likely to happen any time soon. He may need your help.

3. ML

ML Guest

TM that's a great idea! I always thought their 8:30 time frame was too late. But S's mom is a WAHM and she doesn't have to get up early for daycamp. For the next two weeks I'll tell them both that 7:00 is the new 8:30 lol.

4. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

That's why I fully intend to keep my head buried in the sand until 10pm on Labor Day!