March coming in like a lion a few days early!

Andy

We are in a Winter Storm Warning! Hang on and find those shovels BEFORE they are buried. And, will someone PLEASE contact my Diva and tell her to get her butt home BEFORE this fun starts?

A VARIETY OF WINTER WEATHER WILL AFFECT THE NORTHERN PLAINS TONIGHT AND THURSDAY...
.SNOW WILL MOVE INTO EASTERN NORTH DAKOTA AND WESTERN MINNESOTA TONIGHT AND CONTINUE ON THURSDAY. SOME AREAS IN SOUTHEAST NORTH DAKOTA INTO WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA ALONG AND SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 94 WILL RECEIVE UP TO 8 INCHES OF NEW SNOW. THE HIGHEST ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO OCCUR NEAR THE NORTH AND SOUTH DAKOTA BORDER. IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW... NORTHERLY WINDS WILL INCREASE AND CAUSE SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. BITTERLY COLD WIND CHILLS OF 25 TO 35 BELOW ZERO WILL ALSO DEVELOP IN NORTHEAST NORTH DAKOTA AND NORTHWEST MINNESOTA TONIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY MORNING

Wiped Out

Staff member
Bummer! We live in Wisconsin but our part is only and advisory. Just north of us is an ice storm warning and a bit north of that the winter storm warning. I'm just hoping it doesn't come any further south. Last weekend we were under an advisory that quickly jumped to a storm warning.

Stay safe Andy and Going North!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yuk. I am soooooooo tired of snow and winter.

I know how you feel about Diva. Nichole will drive no matter how bad it is and it drives me nuts.

Stay safe guys.

Hugs

Andy

Going North - Thank you!

Wiped Out - Now that is the appropriate use for the word "Bummer".

Daisy - I am hoping we get hit after she gets home tonight and before she wants to go somewhere tomorrow. If we are not plowed out than she has to stay home! (I hope!)

I am just not handling this cold again after a few nice days. We went out to eat tonight and I kept my coat on the entire meal - now that is so not good - I never, ever wear long sleeved anything inside unless it is super cold and I mean super! February is suppose to be "spring like" with warmer weather and thawing so the real Spring won't be wetter. (I hate wet feet and mud!). I so hope this is close enough to Sunday to consider having March come in like a lion. I don't think I can handle it going out like one this year!

rejectedmom

Andy, So sorry you are having more weather. I am so ready for summer and we haven't had alot of snow or ice this winter. I just hate being cold. -RM

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm tellin' ya -- move to Southern California and you won't have to deal with that crud anymore! Just earthquakes, rampant unemployment, and the worst traffic congestion in the country ;)

But hey, we got Disneyland, Hollywood, and Ahhhhnold in the governor's mansion! What more could you ask for? :p

Lothlorien

I'm tellin' ya -- move to Southern California and you won't have to deal with that crud anymore! Just earthquakes, rampant unemployment, and the worst traffic congestion in the country ;)

But hey, we got Disneyland, Hollywood, and Ahhhhnold in the governor's mansion! What more could you ask for? :p

And how could you forget WILDFIRES???

Star*

call 911........call 911
Could you please send some snow HERE? Before it gets so hot that your flip flops melt to the parking lot surface?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And how could you forget WILDFIRES???

:slap:I must be suffering PTSD from all that! The hills are all emerald green now, so I must have blocked the terror of that time out of my memory.... sort of like what happens after you give birth... or get married... :rofl:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, you Wisconsinites...look out my window right now. Huge snow and 40mph winds. All I know is I'm going back to Vegas on Monday. I'll take melted flip-flops any day than this.

Abbey

janebrain

Yuck!!!!! I used to live in Wahpeton, ND. This is bringing back bad memories....today in Central NY it is 50 degrees and we even have some sun!
Jane

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Jane, I know that area all too well. My brother and sister live up there. It's the only place that you had to take your car battery inside at night so it wouldn't freeze. Not even the hook in heater would work.

YUCK!

Abbey

Andy

Jane, I live in Fergus Falls, MN - just 30 minutes straight East on HWY 210.

Do you ever come back to visit?

Abbey, Do you ever come visit your brother and sister?

The world is getting smaller!

KTMom91

All this snow talk really scares me, ladies. I think I'll stay in Kahleefornya...even with the rampant unemployment and Ahhhnold. We don't get earthquakes like SoCal and the Bay Area do, and the commute time here is usually less than half an hour.

Of course, you do have to contend with the aroma of cow poop...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Andy, no I don't visit. I avoid it like the plague. Fortunately I never stuck my tongue to a pole there.

KT...the smell of cow poop is so vivid in my mind when I lived there. It might make me stop drinking milk. I shudder at the thought.

Abbey

janebrain

Andy,
how long have you lived in Fergus Falls? I lived in Wahpeton back in 1983-1985. My son was born in the hospital in Breckenridge in May of 1984. I couldn't believe how harsh the winters were and how hot the summers were! In December of 1983 they had some record cold temps (probably the records have been broken since then) and a ground blizzard that was unbelievable. People in Fargo died in their cars trying to drive home from the mall. It was really scary!

I remember how the minute you left Fergus Falls to head to Wahpeton how the scenery changed too. Went from pretty, green, hilly, to flat ugly plains (though Wahpeton was a pretty little town).

I used to listen to A Prairie Home Companion before we moved there and I was so surprised to find that the people really were like the people on PHC! They were so nice and hospitable, really down to earth.

I have not returned to the area since leaving (have no relatives or reason to go there) but my son stopped and spent the night on his way from NY to Seattle last June when he was moving. He wanted to see his birthplace.

Good luck with the storm!

Thanks,
Jane

Andy

I moved here in 1986, married in 1988, and had easy child in 1990.

The people and businesses here are very generous. I have worked on many non-profit projects and attended some benefit fund raisers. It seems like the local business's pockets are always open to support these local causes and people will attend benefits of people they don't know just because someone in the community is in need. I live in a neighborhood that I wouldn't feel uncomfortable to borrow bottle of syrup if we could not get out to buy one (like in a snow storm). Very nice way to live!

I moved here to work in the Reimbursement Office of the State Hospital (may have been called Regional Treatment Center by then). The building is now vacant as of earlier this month. The Developmental Disabled moved into group homes mid 1990's, the Behavioral Health moved into Community Based Healthcare Hospitals a few years ago, and the Chemical Dependency programs moved into a new facility near the Best Western on February 4th. The city now owns the building and grounds and still trying to figure out what to do with it. There is a group of people trying to save the beautiful historical main building.

I love the Wahpeton Zoo. It was nearly destroyed by floods but is being rebuilt around a dike. The monkeys are my favorite there. We have been going to Fargo a lot this past year so going to the Red River Zoo instead - that has lots of unique animals you don't see in other zoos - lots of oriental species.

We had a bad winter for snow about 1996 - 1997 but for the most part have had o.k. winters until this year. Always have a cold spell but it usually only lasts a week or two - this year about 2 months so far!

It seems that Fergus Falls is in a bubble - weather goes either North or South of us so when we do get anything, it is the edge and seldom full force.