Marcie Mac please check in!

nvts

GVC and Marcie - how are you BOTH fairing with this? I'm praying up a (rain) storm for you and all of your neighbors!

Beth

witzend

The rain isn't coming, I think. They are hoping that the wind continues to push the fire in the direction of an old burn and that will become a firebreak. It's awful!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am ok so far as long as the wind keeps blowing south. Although I don't live in a "brush area" there is brush everywhere surrounding pockets of homes - the fire is about 3 or 4 miles away. But there are a LOT of lovely trees around ( like those darn pine trees the city put in) so if that wind does shift, hoses are hooked up to front and back and I will waive to you from my roof LOL Across the street is one house, then the 60/57 freeway which has been closed and then its mostly brush all the way to Walnut.

We were told to expect that there may be a power outage as those power lines are in the direct path of the fire

SO is down at Pathfinder taking pictures, and probably hoping he runs into Snoop Dog as the Country is under mandatory evacuation and he lives there. Don't even ask me why he is down there - with his asthma, but he tells me if the wind shifts he will come straight home.
Knowing him, it will be with just enough time for me to take him into ER..sigh

Glad to know your home made it gvcmom..

Marcie

F

flutterbee

3 or 4 miles away? I've never been in a fire area, but that sounds awfully close.

Stay safe and keep checking in, please.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Men are crazy.

I'm glad you are ok -- hope it stays that way! We are still hanging around at the park waiting to find out when we can go back to our neighborhood. School has been cancelled for tomorrow so that will be nice.

Keep us posted!

mom_in_training

Whew.... Glad to hear that you are ok Marcie and gcvmom. I have been hearing bits and pieces of news coverage on KFI AM 640 and did hear that the wind has subsided at least for now and that the fire is not heading your way Marcie. gcvmom, how did your area fair through all of this? Hopefully ok. I did hear of allot of homes being consumed.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am ok - they managed not to lose any homes so far - thankfully during the day they were able to drop a lot of flame retardant and cordon the fire off, and we were blessed with little wind to deal with.

There is still mandatory evacuation orders in certain parts of the city. I have been watching the news and there is very little being said which means they have containment to a bigger degree.

As long as the wind stays down all will be ok. It was so bad Saturday it literally blew the fan on my bedroom windowsill across the room.

And the best thing is the freeways are open so easy child will finally be able to get to work down in Yorba Linda.

Thanks for all of the board ju ju..

Marcie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Thank goodness. It is so scary watching it on the news. It must be amazing being in and so close to it all.
Continue to try and stay safe.

Lothlorien

easy child work in Yorba Linda? Are the fires done there? Is there anything left to go to?

Glad you are safe and all are okay. Keep checking in with us, when you can.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am glad to report its now all over (on my part of the So Ca anyway) and the last of the people who were evacuated here are now being let back and our freeways are open.

And to top it all off, Riverside had an EQ today - I think a 4 pointer.

If anyone sees a swarm of locusts heading west, give me a heads up :(

Marcie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yes, Loth, there is PLENTY left in Yorba Linda :D (Including me).

Marcie, glad to hear you came through this o.k. Did husband ever get his photo op? ;)