Marcie's home

witzend

Just wanted to let you all know that Marcie is at home and on the mend. Here's hoping that she takes good care of herself and lets her body heal and be well.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thanks for all of the prayers, juju, neked chicken liver dances. Back in January I had a severe attack of diverticilusis and they had to go in and remove some "stuff" and it was all such a mess i had one of those colonostphy bags. The hospitalization on the 19th was to get rid of that and get reconnected again. What was supposed to be an hour operation turned into four, and I had trouble breathing and some heart problems so had to stay in ICU for a few days. Still have diverticuli hanging round, so have to watch my diet for the rest of my life- am not going to go thru that again...ever

The boys stepped up to the plate, James food shopped and made meals, and Danny cleaned the entire house, and they both came to see me in the hospital - a big deal for Dan as he gets sick to his stomach with the very idea. Didn't hear from my eldest - she knew i was going in - we called and left messages on her phone, and on face book, emailed her and nada. Course when SO got ahold of her, it was so much drama, she didn't know, past few weeks have been crazy, I don't get FB on my phone (she does) and was ranting in general about her meaning so little to me I would go to the hospital and not tell her. So the boys blocked her from visiting lest she start something in the hospital- don't know if she tried -haven't heard from her since and am pretty sure that relationship is over and done with LOL At least I won't have to read on FB about how much she loves her great family, and step kids, and brother in law, life is good, god is great blah blah blah. She wasn't referring to anyone who lives at my house..sigh. But at least my blood pressure is no longer over 200 when I even hear her name :)

Poor SO ran himself ragged between his mom and I. Am thankful we were able to get her placed about a week or so before my surgery as I am no longer able to care for her with her being bedridden. He goes in for surgery in two weeks for a growth on his wrist. Hopefully I will be able to be driving round so I can take him.

And just as a last warning PLEASE EAT YOUR FIBER and eat healthy. Apparently half the population has holes in their colon and when they blow out, its pretty painful and trust me, you don't want to go there :)

Marcie

Calamity Jane

Rest up, eat well and feel better. My mom just went through a bout with ischemic (sp?) colitis, and was hospitalized, lost a lot of blood, etc., so I know you must be feeling beat. It's nice the house was clean for you when you got home! That's a priceless expression of love, let me tell you! Stay well.

trinityroyal

Marcie, I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend. Sorry you had such an ordeal to go through, and hoping the remainder of your recovery is quick and uneventful.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm happy to see that you're home & here, too. Rest, sweetheart - and get better!

And... I like fiber, but I will make sure my family gets enough, too. :bigsmile:

buddy

Glad you are out. My mom had surgery and complications last year and it was scary. Please stay well. Wishing you only health from now on!

DammitJanet

Im glad you are home Marcie. I sure would love to hear exactly how your pain and symptoms started because I am going through some extreme stomach issues and my little hick town docs arent finding squat. Im feeling like koi on wheels. I have lost 13 pounds in 9 days. Not that I cant stand to lose the weight but this is a mighty painful way to do it.

klmno

That does sound pretty painful- and frightening. I'm glad you are feeling better now and that you're home and things are getting better!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Marcie, I was just wondering how you were doing. Sounds very scary. I'm so glad you are home and doing better. Hugs. Glad the boys stepped up.

TerryJ2

Ew, thanks for the warning, Marcie!
I'm glad that your SO stepped up to the plate. Hugs to him!
Sorry about your daughter. Good call on NOT having her come to the hospital.
And another good call to place your m-i-l. It will still take a lot out of you to visit, and make sure that the nurses don't mess up her medications or anything else. been there done that. Still doing it.
I am glad you are out of pain (or at least enough that you are home and typing.)