Marg is 'Missing'

Marg's Man

First up there is no real problem.

On Thursday morning about 3 AM our time we had a MASSIVE thunderstorm right over our village. It only lasted about two hours but involved plenty of lightning and a LOT of rain that fell in only 40 minutes. My rain gauge said that we got 72 mm (nearly 3 inches) in that time. The next morning difficult child 3 announced that there had been 24 strikes. Yes - he lay awake in bed and COUNTED them!!

:faint:
Basically our internet at home has been knocked out :pouting: so Marg is off line. I can still connect when I am at work but only during business hours Sydney time. I am too busy at work to monitor but I will check a couple of times a day until we are back on line at home. THAT depends on what parts we have to get to restore our system.

I had better hurry - I think she is going into withdrawal!

Marg's Man

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, now that I've picked my heart up off of the floor...........

(you had me scared to death)

I hope she gets back online quickly. Withdrawl is an awful thing.

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
I thought you meant she went for a walkabout -

Well if Marg WAS missing? That is ONE of the LAST women I would worry about - I'd worry more for the shape she would leave her abductors in.

But since it's just a technical thing - G'day

Abbey

Spork Queen
I thought you meant she went for a walkabout -

Well if Marg WAS missing? That is ONE of the LAST women I would worry about - I'd worry more for the shape she would leave her abductors in.

But since it's just a technical thing - G'day

I'm thinkng about posting about how glad she is really ok, then Star enters. She's the only one who makes you chuckle at something that could be frightening.

(Star...to your corner.)

Marg...carry on.

Abbey

klmno

Well, I am glad to hear she is ok and that you are working on things. It better get fixed soon- you might get tired of relaying messages pretty soon!

Whew!

Of course, I also think she'd be fine. She probably has a kit in her purse to make a shelter, build a fire, sew some clothes, hook up a generator, teach the woodland creatures to sweep and mop...

TerryJ2

Oh, what a nice note, Marg's Man! Thank you for letting us know. That sounded like quite a storm!

I love this: Well if Marg WAS missing? That is ONE of the LAST women I would worry about - I'd worry more for the shape she would leave her abductors in.

Marg's Man

Sorry for frightening people - I've changed the thread title. Obviously I meant "missing from CD" but you're all bright enough to have figured that out. Star and Kitty obviously did.

As far as our gear is concerned the news is bad - the broadband system is fried. Good news is they are cheap to replace; less than the insurance excess. I have already bought one and, with a little luck and alot of cursing, I will have it back up before I go to bed tonight.

It's 2:30PM Friday afternoon here but according to my international clock it's 9:30PM Thursday evening site time. I just hope Marg will go to bed when I finish fixing our internet, she often stays up past her bedtime 'talking' to you guys.

Marg's Man

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You are a dear to get the system back up and running for her :D I know I'd be positively twitching from withdrawals if I couldn't get online! Yes, I've got it bad...

F

flutterbee

No kidding about picking one's heart up off the floor..... :faint:

Oh, man. There'd be no living with me if I couldn't get on here.

That's the nice thing about here. If your modem gets fried, you just take it to the cable company and they give you a new one. No charge.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I wondered where Marg was ~ thanks for keeping us updated Marg's Man. Fingers crossed you get the equipment installed with little trouble & in the meantime, Marg doesn't go into severe withdrawl.

Looking forward to seeing your smiling face again Marg,

Marg's Man,

Thanks for the info!!! This bb wouldn't be the same without Marg!!! This is a major understatement!!!

And, for those of you who added a bit of humor to my morning - Thanks for the laughs!!! I DEFINITELY needed them!!! WFEN

Andy

I myself am limping along with a disabled laptop. Withdrawals for a day or two except when I have a chance to snatch easy child's laptop. Took me too long to even get on hers. Now husband has sorta fixed this laptop (changed from left clicker to right) but things are not right and so I don't reply as often as I would like because this is a PITA.

So, when we find that island of paradise it had better have laptops that never ever crash or slowdown.

Oh, and I think I may be the computer virus. I was on vacation for one week and when I returned to work, my computer will not turn on. So, I put in a work order and spent my 4 hours filing (yep I had over 4 hours of filing to do). Was gone on Wed and when returned Thursday, still no computer. I found a office where a co-worker was gone and used his computer yesterday. Today, still no computer but was able to find 4 hours of non-computer work. I absolutely need one on Monday but hope if I go in this weekend it will have been fixed. I need to verify funding on the first working day of the month for all patients in our programs (takes up to 3 -4 hours). I was hoping to go in on Sunday to do this duty but do not want to use someone else's office on evenings or weekends.