Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Mine is growing with corn, maters, lettuce, cucumbers, jalepeno peppers and for our first attempt, red potatoes. We actually just got it all planted this evening.

Anyone else have theirs in and what are you growing?

Sagegrad

I am growing tomatoes - yellow squash- zuchini - assorted bell peppers - cucumbers - green beans - all in Earth Boxes on my deck. I have already picked my first batch of green beans

Sage

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yup! We've had ours in for a few weeks now:

Tomatoes
Corn
Banana peppers
Watermelon
Cucumbers
Radishes
Cilantro
Basil
Onion
More tomato...
Strawberries
Green beans
Spinach

I inadvertantly planted some expired chive seeds, so they didn't come up at all. :( Need to try again.

We have a black plum tree that is LOADED with little green fruit :)

Our nectarine tree has lots of blossoms and a few new fruits.

White peach hasn't done much yet but put out some leaves.

Granny Smith apple is loaded with sweet smelling blossoms.

Two pomegranate trees have tons of blossoms and baby fruits.

Blackberry vine is also proving to be quite vigorous this year, lots of blossoms and green berries.

The phoscheck that got dumped on our property during the November wildfire also serves as a fertilizer -- I've no doubt that's the reason everything is doing so well for us this year!

Now, if we can just keep the birds, squirrels and rats from stealing it all...

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh and I also have a grape vine but rarely do anything with them. If I don't spray them by a certain time, the grapes are just infested with bugs. I finally bought some fresh bug spray stuff when I got the garden plants so hopefully I'll get some jelly made this year.

Maybe I'll take names, draw one out of a hat and ship a lucky board member a jar of jelly.

muttmeister

I grow mostly flowers but I do have a big herb garden (curly parsley, flat parsley, basil, chives, marjoram, thyme, asparagus, lovage, catnip, chamomile, tansy, lavender, Egyptian onions, oregano, costmary, horseradish, cilantro, borage, anise hyssop, garlic, dill, rosemary, bee balm, catmint, tarragon, rhubarb, summer savory, sage, fennel plus nasturtims, marigolds, zinnias, nigella (love-in-a-mist)mums, and morning glory climbing up the pole to the birdhouse in the middle). In the herb garden I work in some tomatoes (regular and cherry), red, yellow, orange, and green peppers, zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, and eggplant. I get lots of butterflies and birds visiting so that is fun.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm a bit jealous! I will grow only some tomatoes along with basil and maybe cilantro this year. I won't even plant for about 2 weeks as we're not out of the woods yet at far as frost goes.

crazymama30

I grow dirt and rocks. Maybe some pineneedles. I have a black thumb. Maybe one day I will try to garden, and see if things grow or die.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Muttmeister... you gotta take a picture of your garden and post it for us! I would LOVE to see it -- sounds beautiful! :D

KTMom91

Right now we seem to have a large crop of tired vehicles in our yard. Sigh...maybe next year I'll even have grass instead of weeds and burs on my "lawn."

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
SO made me a planter for the porch, so I have some Cilantro, Parsley, Basil, mint, oregeno, chives, 1 zucchini plant and one Bell Pepper plant. And also have one of those hanging your tomatoes up side down things.

Not enough to feed a family, but we have scrambled eggs a lot, and I have been using some parsley, chives and basil in them. Even with the tiny bit I get for the eggs, there is a distinct difference between store bought and home grown.

One of these days when I get the back 40 into shape (and can fence out the dogs), I will start growing lots of veggies again. I remember when I first moved into the house, I had put in a really big veggie garden - a friend said, oh, all those plants won't live. They did and I ended up running out of people I knew to give Zucchini to, and the dog wouldn't stop eating the tomatoes, everywhere he pooped I had sprouting tomatoes.

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well.......................

I had started green beans, cabbage, lettuce, spring onions, broccoli, califlower, carrots, pumpkins, and sweet corn. And they'd gotten off to a fine start. Nichole and I were rather proud of ourselves.

We were going to put them in the ground this weekend.

Then Bruce got to them and ate the tops off most of them........the leaves mostly. They died off.:mad:

Only thing left is the pumpkins. So I've got to start all over again.

Darn cat! :ashamed:

witzend

Let's see...

Heirloom tomatoes
Arugula Lettuce
Fennel
Basil
Italian Parsley
Red Runner Beans
Sweet Corn
Blueberries
spearmint
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Red Chard
Strawberries

Hibiscus
Million Bells
Taro Root
fushia
crocosmia
baptisia
sweet william
sunflowers
columbine
dahlias
geraniums
nasturtiums

This year I bought beneficial nematodes and I plan to activate and release them this weekend. Hopefully I can avoid the cabbage moth larva that eat my annual flowers every year...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, don't get me started on NEMATODES!!!

We discovered we have root knot nematodes (the bad kind) in one of our raised beds when I was digging out some overgrown carrots and pulled up the wartiest looking carrot you can imagine! Yuck! So that box is sitting fallow for the next year (I let difficult child 2 dig to China in it -- he's happy :D ).