May I brag a moment?

klmno

I hope this doesn't jinx anything, but my b-day is later this week so in order to avoid trying to "celebrate" on a school & work day, we are acknowledging it today. difficult child is making me a birthday cake!! He shopped for the cake, icing, ice cream and a "surprise" yesterday while I was doing regular grocery shopping. He kicked me out of the kitchen about 20 mins ago and - hold your chairs- told me to stay on the computer a while! I'm so excited- I haven't had a real birthday cake in years- I think since I was a child. This was difficult child's idea and he says he's cooking me dinner too!!

I just had to brag!!

everywoman

Good for you. It's great to be made to feel special. Especially by our difficult children. I hope you have a great day. And Happy (early) Birthday.

Andy

Brag away - It is so good to hear good news - Way To Go difficult child. We are expecting a follow up report on what the dinner was and how everything went.

:hapBday:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, I'll wait til your real birthday to wish you Happy birthday. (we don't need to age any faster than necessary) But what a sweet thing for difficult child to do. :D :D

I hope it turns out well for him, so he can puff his chest out and feel good about doing something special for his mom. Keeping my fingers crossed for him. easy child's first attempt at this sort of thing was an awful disaster. lol

Let us know how it goes. :)

klmno

Well, it has been great! Thank you all so much- you know we have to take pride in their efforts when they are there...

He made me chocolate fudge cake with chocolate icing (I love chocolate)! I had told him that his favorite cake would be fine- that is strawberry cake with chocolate icing and it's very yummy. Anyway, he told me that he wanted to make my favorite, not his. :D I helped him with dinner a little- he made potatoe/cheese casserole and shrimp and chicken shish-k-bobs. I made mushroom/pepper bobs and a zuccini experiment. He bought me a package of chocolates and a fold out card that was very sweet, too.

I have been ooohing and aaahing all evening and hugged him and patted him on the back and bragged and bragged!

One of the reasons this seemed so special was because he didn't do this right after a "problem" had occurred, so it wasn't done to get back on my good side. He just did it... and that means the world to me- I think I will remember it forever! So, he's watching a movie now before bedtime. I'm watching bits and pieces with him.

Thank you all for understanding why this means so much to me!

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's amazing how such small things mean so much. Happy early birthday to you. I'm glad you had a great day.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh! I"m just grinning from ear to ear for you both!!! :D :D So glad his first attempt worked out well. And glad you two got to have such a nice time together. This will always be a special memory for you both.

((hugs))

TerryJ2

VERY good! Happy birthday in advance. :)

Stay on the computer while he bakes? Way To Go. (I hope it tastes good.)

klmno

thanks everyone- it left me wanting the summer to last longer, even though he was ready to start back to school. (There's something wrong with that picture, right?) Today, I was a t work and was just so antsy to get home and see how his first day of 8th grade went- we missed his fee night ;last week when the kids get their schedules so he didn't know what to expect today as far as teachers, etc. Having such an enjoyable day with him yesterday just made me really look forward to coming home and spending time with him. It has been a long time since I felt that way. I hope it doesn't take another 2 years before I feel this way again! Even if it does, ladies, please remind me of yesterday if I happen to forget it! And keep in mind yourselves- you never know when your difficult child might just fool you and show you that side of him/her again that melted your heart long ago!!