May I whine? Feel free to add cheese...lol

DammitJanet

I am sick. Have been for a week or so with this never ending crud of sore throat and coughing which has made my lower back disk problem so much worse. Now I think I need diapers for me too! So much fun let me tell ya. And try explaining why Grandma is also wearing a diaper to a two year old...lol. She keeps trying to take my bag of diapers and put them in with her bag of diapers...sigh.

This added together with all the other assorted problems is making me an evil wench. Im cranky. I went to therapy today and yelled at my therapist...lol. I told her I dont like the current type of program or whatever you want to call it that she is attempting to use on me right now. Its that Inner Child bs and I just dont like it. I have tried...I have given it about 4 weeks but it takes all this hokey introspective junk that I just cant manage to do. It makes me mad.

Im also mad at just about everyone and everything lately.

Anyone have a cure for a 2 year old who finds the need to scream at the top of their lungs while running through a house while playing? She isnt mad or tantrumming...she is just happy and yells. I cant find the volume nob or where to take the batteries out.

Andy

How about barriers in each doorway? Can't run too far if the road is blocked. Then, build an obstacle course in the living room - include things to walk/run on, a table to climb under, something to climb over, a spot to jump up and down, a mat to lay down on, something to run around. Then ask her how fast she can go through the course.

Sore throats are the absoluety pain and one ailment that I have yet to find a medicine to help. And coughs are wicked, I think I may have pulled a muscle or something in my chest cavity because that is what hurts when I cough. My niece offered me a cough drop but those really don't help with the very deepest coughs. I have had some luck with Delysm before and Tylenol Day Time Cold medicine helped a lot today. I can see where a cough would jolt a back - no fun. I hope you get better soon.

Careful in hugging that sweet little granddaughter. Then give her a hug from me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

((((hugs))))

The anger sort of comes along with the whole Inner Child thing.

I know when I was in therapy doing it years ago, my family had decided I'd been replaced by an alien. Way back then I was this docile, easy going, QUIET person, almost to the point of being timid. I started the therapy, and wham! Wasn't long before I was blurting out all sorts of stuff, and telling people off right and left. I was brutal for a while til I got a grip on it. (and you will get a grip on it)

And no, I didn't care for the approach either. But now I wonder how much of my attitude toward it was based in the fact that I wasn't thrilled with dealing with that child I was back then. And my therapist was smart enough not to go overboard.

And I'm sure being sick is making it even worse. Are you sure it isn't allergies??

If someone finds that volume control and off switch I want one too!! She's adorable and fun. But two year olds are exhausting.

Hope you feel better soon.

(((hugs)))

susiestar

Roll With It
HUGS!!!!!

I am sorry you are feeling yucky. Be careful with that cough. Last time husband had one we ended up in the ER because he was getting a hernia up between some ribs!!! It was scary for us. He was grabbing onto the doorframes to try to push that piece of whatever in where it belonged when he coughed, so I made him go to the ER. Can your doctor call in some cough medicine??

Sorry, I don't know that 2yos have an off switch. I couldn't even get the mute button on my kids!!

Steely

I understand Janet. I got mad at my therapist the other day as well for trying some kinda something with me. I don't know the technique - but I feel like, we have done this one kinda therapy for 5 years, why change it? It was working.

And children screaming.......grrrr. I love kiddos. However, when they start that high pitch schrill screaming - it makes me want to pinch their heads off.

Feel better. People at work have that throat stuff. I thought people were not supposed to get throat stuff in the summer.

DammitJanet

Thanks everyone. I fired off an email to my therapist telling her I want to quit everything...life, medications, being sick...the whole shebang. I am resigning from being bipolar and wish to trade in disorders. I want to have multiple personalities so I have someone else to talk to!

K

Kolleen

I love your idea. I just finished reading a book about a woman with 17 multiple personalities. My thought was I'm going to develop some new personalities. One can deal with sonnyboy. One can deal with boss at work. I'm tired of dealing with everything myself. Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
#1. For cough: One cup of hot tea, with 1 shot of bourbon whiskey, 1 TBSP honey, and 1 squirt of lemon. Take a contact 12 hour release cold capsule and go to bed - no cough in the morning. (Jack Daniels, Rockin Rye)

#2. For quitting BiPolar (BP) and therapy: YOU REALIZE of course that the outward expression of anger is dysfunction leaving the body? When Dude's therapist would touch on those areas he had not dealt with in forever - we would always have "fallout" week. And heck to pay, and dance with the devil, and whatever else freak show. Thing is see - like you - he wasn't able to recognise that the therapy while working inside out didn't seem to be making any HUGE and IMMEDIATE changes - so he quit. Now he's seeking who the heck knows - Dr. Doolittle for all I know. (I just hope he can talk to the "animal")

#3. Diapers? Well there is just nothing i can do about that....and I'm sorry. I do remember when DF first became disabled. My Mother asked what I was getting him for Christmas that year. I said "Depends" she said "On what???" I said "NO - Depends." And he wouldn't let us get him a potty seat either. So I have no idea what to even say here.

As for the screaming 2 year old? See #1, minus the honey, lemon and tea. ;)

And you thought I didn't have any REAL answers......

Hugs
Star

KTMom91

Here's the cheese...and some hugs...and several pieces of chocolate...no volume control knob, sorry, never could find one of those on Miss KT...hope you're feeling better soon!

klmno

I want to have multiple personalities so I have someone else to talk to!

That, along with Star's suggestions, should solve all the problems. I think I'll try these myself!

Seriously- I hope you feel better soon.

DammitJanet

Star....you may have solved my problems! My therapist emailed me back and told me to break a few rules...lol. I am so stuck on following the rules which include no drinking because I am on medications and beside that...someone may ask me at some point in time if I drink and I want to be able to say no, so I never even have one measly cocktail ever. Even though I know when they ask that question they mean do you drink to excess or have an alcohol problem. I even feel guilty over the fact that I had drinks 4 years ago! LOL. The hospital asked me if I drank or took illegal drugs one day and when I said No, the lady looked at me oddly and said...Not even pot? I said...no way...I dont do that! I take prescription medications and nothing else and she really looked at me funny like she didnt believe me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
she really looked at me funny like she didnt believe me

I get really irritated when medication personnel do this.

Sooooooooooooo..................

Which rules are you gonna break??? And can I tag along??? Been a while since I broke some rules. I'm turning awfully nerdy in my midlife.

Hey, speaking of midllife...............You could have a MID LIFE CRISIS! Now there is a reason for rule breaking people can understand. :D ;)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Does she realize that pot is not a drink??? Or, maybe I'm out of the loop. Can you buy pot as a drink?

Hope you feel better, dear.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I feel for you lady!!! I too want to just be exempt from Bipolar as well. Some days I love the high, but not enough...
Just one day you want to know what it feels like to not depend on "depends" or medications, or a fricken therapist... What people believe to be normal.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sorry you haven't been feeling well. It is always poopy when that happens. Can't add much more advice than you have already gotten but can send some hugs.

beth

donna723

So which rules are you gonna break? You can't make prank phone calls ("Is your refrigerator running..?") because everybody has Caller ID now. You're probably like me ... I'm just not cut out to be a "rule breaker". I used to feel guilty tearing the little tags off the throw pillows that said "Do not remove under penalty of law". I'd rip 'em off and then peek out the window waiting for the police cars to show up! I think I might have gone 56 mph in a 55 mph zone - once - and then I felt like I should go turn myself in!

Maybe you should just go do something you ordinarily wouldn't do ... go buy something really nice for yourself (when you feel better) and try not to feel guilty that you didn't spend the money on someone else, or treat yourself to something special just for you that you wouldn't ordinarily indulge in! I hope your sore throat goes away soon!