Medical Adoption Firm - My blood runs cold

susiestar

Roll With It
Another site had a mention of this adoption agency. They adopt children to families that have someone seriously ill and in need of a transplant. They tell parents that they have children who have been sexually abused, and that any problems from this are a result of bad "rearing" and that if you treat the child with love the porblems will be solved.

I am just horrified. A child up for adoption needs to be adopted because you want to love him, NOT because you need a body part from him!

They actually base the adoption fee on some method of "rating" the child - platinum, gold or bronze AND by what part of the body you need from the child!! They do all the testing to insure compatibility and even gaurantee compatibility. At least that is what I understand.

I cannot even imagine the terror a parent goes through when a child is seriously ill and in need of a transplant. But to adopt a child simply because you need a body part from him, well, that is EVIL in my book. I know many families would treat the child well, even love the child, but this whole thing is just so totally wrong. You and I both know that not every family would treat the child well, and at the first sign of serious problems would dump the child back in the system.

What REALLY made my blood run cold was the statement that even "consensual" sex acts with the child, even if over the age of consent (they even tell you that Mississippi puts that age at 14!) is a "serious no-no" to them.

Susie

susiestar

Roll With It
In their "FAQS" page they say they give generous donations to charities that are exclusively child benefiting, though at times the donations must be in cash or through wire transfer to individuals who manage the charities.

To me this is a HUGE red flag that something is "hinky" here.

susie

susiestar

Roll With It
Yes. This is for real. Read the website. It is mostly orphans from 3rd world or war-torn countries. They "guarantee" the child is an orphan. They even say that there are benefits from adopting a child who is almost 18, because the period of child dependency is shorter. They say that all the kids understand what they are doing, and agree. the youngest kids are 4-6.

How the H### does a 6 year old grasp the long term consequences of donating an eye or hip (yes, these ARE options), or even other parts.

They say that if you need frequent blood transfusions, this is ideal. You have the child in your custody and can take the blood whenever you want. (my phrasing)

As I said, my blood runs cold.

mom23gsfg

did anyone besides me look at these children and read their captions? this place should be out of bisiness!!!!!such as this one .....Children Currently Available in our Gold Package

Name: Natia

About Natia: An orphan whose parents whereabouts have never been known, she spent six years working in the underage sex-trade, several more years in foster homes, and now needs a new home. She's since discovered our Lord Jesus Christ, pledged a vow of chastity, and has been free of the sins of physical flesh for more than six-months, though suggests that this may be open to negotiation or this one

Name: Masha

About Masha: Masha's mother died in child birth, and her father was involved in an industrial accident almost six years ago. Without support, she'll be nothing more than a mere statistic in the orphan system in the faltering nation state. She loves playing with dolls, and would like for a loving family tob] help her take a bath[/b] and show her how best to take her antibiotics, assuming she gives an organ so great as to need it.

why would they put things like this on a child's profile except for perverts!!!???

trinityroyal

The thing that raised the biggest red flags for me, other than the children's profiles, was that if you travel to some areas, you may be eligible for reimbursement of "sex-tourism" expenses.

This all seems terribly wrong.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
If you check out Snopes, you will find this entire web site is a hoax - they are my first source of checking absurd stuff.

Its meant to get people's knickers in a twist and it seems it is pretty successful doing that

Marcie

N

Nomad

Assuming this is legit, perhaps we should each write our congressperson to have them investigate, if not close this place down. Good grief! This is creepy (to say the least).

TerryJ2

I just submitted the link to Snopes, as well as the SEC. I'm trying to think of other places to send the link ...

TerryJ2

Okay, now I'm laughing out loud. Sick, funny, whatever. I found this on another one of their pages. How do you prove you can do all this, except to provide these people with-bank statements, hmmmm? Oh, and they also ask for political affilitation. This has GOT to be some psychiatric student's data gathering thesis.

[SIZE=-1]Setting aside the minimum required amount to fully pay for the childs higher education.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Providing the child with a new vehicle as per the agreement.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Providng the child with a living allowance through the completion of their higher education as per the terms on the agreement.[/SIZE]

TerryJ2

Heck, I couldn't find it on Snopes so I sent it into them again. Lousy searcher *I* am. :)
Still, it would be nice if someone could infect that site with-a virus ...

susiestar

Roll With It
If this is a hoax, they really went to a lot of trouble. The phone number is answered, referring you to the tijuana office because recent actions by the US govt.

Susie

Marguerite

The really worrying thing - this may be a hoax, but it could give some idiot the idea to set up a system like this, for real. "Hey, these guys are doing it, so maybe I could, too."

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
I am really curious. the info on snopes mentioned the phone number was on other internet scam websites. So I called. It is a message, saying that the US office is closed because govt regulations. so they referred me to the Tijuana office.

I set up a free email account and then sent a contact email - with a different name and addy. I am curious to see how far they will go if it is a hoax.

I will let you know. I hope it is a hoax. I really really do. If it is real it is too horrible to consider. Imagine adopting a child to "love" and taking one of their EYES to give to your biological child.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Susie, I can't believe you are even trying to chase down these nut cases. Its a scam -if you put the phone number in Google, you will find a ton of stuff on it - there are many web sites related to this tongue in cheek (albiet sick as heck) humor, including ones for puppies and a kit you can buy for pitbull fighting.

The area code is in Gorgia/Atlanta area. Whoever started these websites are probably laughing their behinds off on people actually (1) believing it or (2) think its serious. There is probably money to be made, maybe by using your phone number to connect to a foreign exchange where they charge your phone a ginormous amount of money.

Whatever you do, do NOT call the Tijuana office :)

Marcie