Medical update....tiring stuff.

DDD

husband got home yesterday with easy child driving. He has the defribulator/pacemaker scheduled for the beginning of May and then trips back and forth to Mayo to be checked throughout the month. He won't be allowed to drive for five or six weeks :sigh: so next month is going to be a PIA. Meanwhile I'm hoping my tests come out fine this month as we'll be up the "naughty word" creek if both of us are unable to work. difficult child#1 can help but he is not knowledgeable enough to hold on to our long term customers.

Thank heavens for easy child and difficult child#1. They'll be "in charge" of husband again so he'll have good company, dependable driver and his own private RN who will drive back to Jax from Atlanta and stay with husband until he is released to head back home with difficult child#1. Fingers crossed. DDD

buddy

Hoping your tests are all ok and that husband recovers well.... that is a lot to deal with DDD! Thinking of you....

Nancy

Oh dear DDD, I hope all your medical issues are resolved soon. I'm sending healing thoughts to you.

As always you are in my prayers,
Nancy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Adding extra prayers for you, DDD, and H as well. I hope your tests all come back good and H heals up nicely. Thank goodness easy child and difficult child are available to help you out! Hugs.

DDD- I'm sending my prayers! I am glad your kids will be there with husband, helping and taking care of him. That is one less thing to worry about. I'm hoping your tests are fine and everthing goes smoothly. (((HUGS))

Star*

call 911........call 911
DDD,

That certainly sounds like a LOT of driving - wouldn't it be cheaper to find a flight on Jet Blue or something? And less stress? I'm glad you are finally getting some things ironed out. How are YOU feeling in the midst of all this? Hugs & Love
Star

Kathy813

Staff member
Oh my, DDD, you have had a rough few weeks. I am praying for the best possible outcome from your tests and that the defribulator/pacemaker solves your husband's problems

{{{{Hugs}}}}

~Kathy

DDD

Thanks everyone. I'm tired and not sure how much is due to the work schedule, how much is due to concerns about husband and/or how much is possibly due to my symptoms. Guess I'll just chalk it up to being a senior, lol, for now.

The drive is under five hours door to door which isn't too bad. difficult child#1 is a good driver and still young enough to enjoy hitting the road. on the other hand, Star, you're right...it's alot of travel. Makes me think of when easy child/difficult child had his brain surgery. He was in a rehab hospital in Jax for four weeks or so and husband and I took turns making the trip every other day or so. One of us was always here with the store and difficult child#2 and one of us was on "our cot" next to easy child/difficult child every single night. That was seven years ago, lol, so we were younger then. This time I'll be staying at home so I'm glad I don't have to commute.

I appreciate the caring thoughts and support. I know better than to get overly concerned with "what if's" but right now I'm sifting through options based on "what if's". Chances are I'll chill out this week but for now I'm a bit off my feed. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
If you have a need for a driver and have a car? I'm available. I'll help if you need me. Apparently I love to drive. Just have no big rig. lol.

DDD

I'll keep that in mind, Starbie. easy child gets from Atlanta to Jax in about five. It's a little less than five from home to Jax.
It's not too bad.

on the other hand, if things "go South" I suppose I could set up temporary housekeeping in the back of a customers rig and you could earn those much needed hours behind the wheel. Nice to have options. Thanks DDD

DDD

Thanks, Janet. Truthfully I am just letting the "what if's" get to me WAY TO EARLY. The initial crisis has passed for husband and the action is going to take place in May. I've got an appointment next week and the the GI and colonoscopy the week of April 23rd.

I apologize for putting the cart before the horse. When and if I "really" need help I know I can shout out to the family. There are a bunch of balls being juggled but I think I'm just not coping as well as usual because I can't grab a weed and chill/regroup. Ridiculous how dependent I've become on the "hit" to ease the crisis. I'll try to stop whining soon, lol. DDD