DDD

Arlea, as a parent/grandparent with 47 years of experience with a difficult child, you need to find a Chlld Psychiatrist or a well qualified Neuro/Psychologist to actually identify your child's problem Now is the time to find out accurately exactly what his issues may or may not be and using someone who would throw out three diagnosis in two visits is not in his best interest or the best interests of your family. Sometimes it is hard to find the qualified experts that are needed and alot of the time it is very difficult to come up with money for the right type of evaluation. I understand that, as do the other CD family members.
But...the lady you are seeing has demonstrated that she is not competent. Please start searching and forget what she has told you. Truly there is no way she is the right one to help your family. Sending support and hugs your way. DDD

keista

Just occurred to me that you said you will be seeing a nurse to prescribe the medications. This will probably be a nurse practitioner. (here in the US it would be) Your visit with this person should be at least an hour long to go over the symptoms - AGAIN. They may confirm your therapist's diagnosis or come up with one of their own. If it's just a quick visit, then they are going on the therapist's diagnosis. If that's the case you will really need to check your "mom gut" to see if you are comfortable trying whatever is prescribed. Regardless, a second pinion never hurts.

The first psychiatrist my kids saw was a psychiatric nurse practitioner. I liked him a lot. He hit the nail on the head for my son, but not so much for DD1, but DD1 is a lot more complicated. She's had 2 therapists and 4 psychiatrists. Feels like I'm doing all the work, and they are there, just to make it 'official'. I'm with DD1 24/7 I'm the one that has to observe and report her daily symptoms. In a few short visits, they only see a fraction of who she is. How could they possibly be able to diagnosis her from that?