Meeting tomorrow night

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
H and I are having difficult child and E over for dinner and a meeting tomorrow night.

As has been discussed with difficult child prior, I am going to suggest they move the wedding from summer 2013 to Spring 2014. H and I feel that they need more time to get their act together in terms of living arrangements (they still live with his mom and dad), financial issues, and his court matters regarding the custody and support of his two boys (currently his visits are at the discretion of his crazy ex, but he pays support).

They are open to an honest discussion, but I will still have to practice diplomacy so as not to invade their personal space or infantilize them. After all, he will be 32 and difficult child will be 23...realistically they can do what they want!!!

However, I don't feel comfortable investing in a wedding celebration until they are a bit more settled.

Commitment is not my concern as they seem to be extremely committed.

Anyway, please send up some good energy for us tomorrow-thanks!!!!

Sending all the energy I have for tomorrow. I'm surprised they would even want a wedding celebration- maybe you could suggest the money you would put out for a wedding, you'll put up for a deposit on a house. They can go to the justice of the peace. It's not realistic to want a big party when you don't have your own place.

Ask them where they plan to be in 5 years and how do they plan to get there. By their response, you'll know all you need to know. Hopefully they have a realistic plan, if not, you may want to think twice about paying for a big wedding. I know people who had a big barbeque at home for the party, much cheaper, and if they must be married right away, think of doing something smaller or cheaper.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Sending warm wishes for a healthy, productive, collaborative, comfortable, easy communication where many options surface and are heard and considered.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sending positive and good vibes for your meeting..........Wonder what the bonus will be for THEM? --------lol.......Well if we DO THIS for you MOM........what do WWWEEEEEEEEEE get? lol. SIgh........Hugs.