Meeting with DCF today... C is coming home!

jcox

We had a meeting with DCF today. C will be coming home June 26th from his Residential Treatment Center (RTC). I already have FST Family Stabilization Team (like mobile crisis services-family therapy-they prevent children from needing to be placed out of the home again). I have him on the waiting list at two counseling centers in our area for therapy. FST is also getting us a CSP Community Support Personell... to work with Charlie. They do the same goals, just out in the community. We have been getting C every weekend for the past almost 2 months now and those visits have gone very well. He has been out of our home over a year now, and I know it will be a big adjustment for all of us. We see positive changes in him so far, but that will be put to the test once he is living in our house again.

jcox

Forgot to mention that we are working with DCF and his ed advocate to get him into an alternative school with extended school year, as well as summer youth employment.

Jena

Wow that's great, it sounds like you have all the balls in the air perfectly. You def have things lined up the right way for when he returns and the job during the summer also, love it!!!