Meeting

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We met with SpEd Dir, SpEd Teacher, and aid yesterday regarding Wee's ESY.

Our county case manager and exMIL went also (she is a former counselor in the school).

The tune of the meeting was a complete 180 from the email traffic. We planned out ESY, and she readily agreed to meet again at the end of June before the SpEd Teacher is gone to document her tactics and approaches. In fact, already had SpEd Teacher and aid working on those write-ups.

I was flabberghasted.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ah, heck, this was no posse. It was nothing compared to what's usually in that room. We had, what, 6 people yesterday? Normally its no less than 13...often more.

I am wondering what's going on, tho. We did that AT trial last year towards the end of the year. The last IEP meeting we held last year, they told us the results were not finished, when, in fact, they were, and the report had been delivered prior to that meeting. We have gone ALL THIS YEAR asking them to trial the recommendations made in that report...and they just, just now, outright BOUGHT the things recommended in that report. At out last IEP meeting this year, they were going to begin the trials and we'd "get back together to review the restuls". And now they buy them? A year after the fact. Without looking to see if they'd really be helpful. Call me paranoid, but I don't trust them, and this seems like a really odd thing to go and do at this point...particularly for a district with "no money".

I am happy with how the meeting went, but I just can't shake the "calm before the storm" feeling. By purchasing the AT, that gets the advocate off of the case, and perhaps they think she's been a thorn in their side? I don't know. I do know the advocate hasn't been involved much at all in what I've been doing... Oh well. Plan to move forward cautiously.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Chiming in late here, Shari, sorry. Sounds like a productive meeting. Keeping all body parts crossed that the storm doesn't happen.

susiestar

Roll With It
You are doing great. I have a feeling that their attorney had some harsh words for them for how they have delayed and delayed things with Wee. The delays mean you really could sue for a huge chunk of money - likely enough damages could be proven to get enough to support him for many years on a generous budget. They KNOW they have playeddirty pool and maybe they are being told to get with the program or fear you owning a few of their schools.

But don't let your guard down. Too much has happened to fully trust them with-o making them earn it. This is truly a difficult child school district, in my opinion. Meanign that they are difficult children, not that they are difficult child friendly!!

Part of why it went so well is that they realize that you are DONE letting them push you around. Kudos for that!