Melatonin and Children

Discussion in 'Healthful Living / Natural Treatments' started by nvts, Mar 10, 2008.

1. nvts

nvts Active Member

Hi! Was at the pdocs and she said melatonin would be alright for gfg1 but I can't remember how much to give him. He's about 90 lbs and 9 years old. Any recommendations? One website said about 1mg. for a very small child. Does that sound right? Will it work the 1st time around? I'm always nervous about new stuff, so I want to make sure I'm not over/under doing it!

Thanks!

Beth

2. jannie

jannie trying to survive....

I give 1 mg liquid melatonin to my 85 pound 10 year old. It works wonders !! He's been taking it almost every day for over a year !!

3. wakeupcall

wakeupcall Active Member

Gfg is 12 and 95 lbs. He takes 1 mg. Melatonin when he needs help to sleep. It works really well for him.

4. crazymama30

crazymama30 New Member

Any other natural sleep aids out there? Gfg was up to 3 mg of melatonin, and it did no good. I figured I will stop it for a while and go back to it and see if it works again. FWIW, gfg is 10 and about 65lbs.