Memorial Day Update from DaisyFace

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello all--

husband and I had a meeting this am with the SW at the psychiatric hospital....

we brought with us to this meeting more notes we found yesterday about Killing people, killing dogs, beating people up, etc....

The SW and the psychiatrists currently feel that there is no need to warn or inform any other parents about these threats, because they do not feel that difficult child actually intends to act on them and that she is merely expressing her anger.

They are already talking about sending her home...as they feel that she is ready to change her ways and be more respectful of her family and more cooperative regarding house rules.

I guess we'll see what happens next....

--DaisyF

TerryJ2

Will they set up a mtng so you can show the notes to your difficult child and discuss it, and see her reaction?
Fingers crossed.
Do they have a diagnosis? Depression? Anger about WHAT? Life in general? It's not normal for 14-yr-olds to be that angry.
Do you see any progress?

She's in a highly controlled environment. No stressors, no peer pressure. What tools can you all use to transition back to her regular life?

When our difficult child came home from the psychiatric hospital, he was so glad to see the dogs and be in his own bed, he was an angel ... for a few days. ;) Of course, they backslide.
Then we started to use some of the expressions and terminology we agreed on during the visits in the psychiatric hospital with-the soc wkr and difficult child. It helped a lot.

What sort of release date are they talking about?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hi Terry--

Thanks for crossing your fingers!! Me too!

So far, difficult child has been denying everything and/or claiming to have no recollection of ever writing or saying such things. This refusal to accept responsibility makes me very uncomfortable....

but the SW seems to feel that difficult child will be able to make great progress over the next couple of days in therapy. difficult child is also scheduled for psychological testing, which the SW seems confident will rule out any underlying disorders.

I am so worn out at this moment, I don't even know what to think any more...

Thanks for all the continued support! We truly appreciate it.

--DaisyF

DammitJanet

That just sounds so far fetched to me. This kid is sneaking out at night, writing letters threatening to kill people, dragging her younger brother who knows where, doing who knows what...and this social worker thinks it is normal and all will be hunky dory after a few sessions in a psychiatric hospital because sweetie girl says she will be good? Uhhh...did she just fall off the turnip truck?

This gal doesnt THINK a psychiatric evaluation is gonna show anything? How bout waiting to see if it will? Then talk about what shows up.

Idjits. I just love them.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
That just sounds so far fetched to me. This kid is sneaking out at night, writing letters threatening to kill people, dragging her younger brother who knows where, doing who knows what...and this social worker thinks it is normal and all will be hunky dory after a few sessions in a psychiatric hospital because sweetie girl says she will be good? Uhhh...did she just fall off the turnip truck?

This gal doesnt THINK a psychiatric evaluation is gonna show anything? How bout waiting to see if it will? Then talk about what shows up.

Idjits. I just love them.

Janet--

That attitude threw me for a loop, too. I don't know how SW was able to read those letters without getting chills. There was actually a written exchange between difficult child and a boy in her class where she wrote about killing "so-and-so". This other student cautioned that she was talking about pre-meditated murder. difficult child's response was very calculated: "I didn't say I was going to kill him. I said that I wanted him dead."

on the other hand-- the SW did seem very perceptive about the dynamic in our home. In our session, she confronted difficult child about her "verbal abuse" and "manipulative behavior". difficult child dropped the angel act and became very upset...and she admitted how much she hates her mom--and she tried to blame all of her problems and issues on me.

The SW did not let difficult child play the blame game and was very straight about difficult child needing to change her behavior.

The SW feels that she was very successful at getting her messsage across to difficult child and that she will see great progress.

I am not so sure. I see that difficult child is willing to get the heck out of psychiatric hospital.

Is she willing to do anything else?

Since difficult child is reluctant to be truthful and is resistant to accepting responsibility for her behaviors...I am not confident that we will see great changes at home ( other than difficult child being a little more cautious about where she keeps notes from friends ).

I am hoping that the psychiatric report reveals SOMETHING that will require more scrutiny.

--DaisyF