Menopausal PMS

witzend

Does stress cause psycho PMS, or does psycho PMS case stress? Obviously the latter is true, but I guarantee you I'm going to be having a period in about 4 days when I can least tolerate it because I'm having 50 people for dinner and the "friends" who were going to "help" now think that they should be "guests" and I was presumptuous to think that when I asked them to help set up beforehand that actually wanted them to help set up beforehand because they were actually just planning on bringing a fruit plate and eat dinner and enjoy the music which everyone else is paying $50 for.

:919Mad:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Does stress cause psycho PMS, or does psycho PMS case stress?

Both. Then when you add in the menapausal part.......whew look OUT!

50 people for dinner? omg! I'd be going psycho myself!!!

Hugs

keista

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. See that's when you've got to let that psycho part out. They can either help set up or fork over $50 each.

witzend

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. See that's when you've got to let that psycho part out. They can either help set up or fork over $50 each.

Or seemingly, they think that they can tell me that I "ass'u'me too much but we'll rearrange our schedules to come early." NOT!

InsaneCdn

OK, Witz.
Lets see if I've got this straight.

You're having 50 - yes, that's fifty, as in five times ten - people over for dinner?
And you're wondering about the impact of PMS on that?

Um... having 50 people over is so much stress, that there's no way anything else - even the worst possible PMS case - can add much to the stress level.
I'm serious. FIFTY blankeddy blankeddy PEOPLE? For a MEAL? that you have to COOK and CLEAN for? Before AND after?
Um... are you sure you don't belong in the psychiatric ward?

Tell me, Witz... really, now. What were you thinking??

OK, now that we've got that straight. Git yerself down to the mediclinic for an emergency 1-month supply of some BCP of some sort - just so you can bump that period into next month - you don't even need to take the whole month's worth, just 10 days or so, to push the whole thing forward.

witzend

I'd LOVE to take hormones but I have a blood clotting disorder and it's not allowed! I'm popping the xanax a bit liberally this week, though. I may have to go to rehab when this thing is done!

Did I forget to add that I have hired a jazz band and I'm going to be singing with them? Yes, I have been practicing, and everyone who has heard me loves what they hear. I'm really excited about it! But wouldn't you know that one of the other guests has sent out an e-mail to the people she knows (including me) announcing that she will be singing as well. Oh, really? How much of the band bill does she intend to pay? So, since the band is arriving late (of course) I have to tackle them and tell them that while Ms. B is welcome to sing, it won't be until the second set and after dessert is well done and gone.

Has no one in the world any thought as to that they might ask the hostess if she minds if they impose themselves on her really expensive stressful day? Don't even get me started with the divorcee who is coming at the last minute who thinks that his ex-bff is having an affair with his wife, and the ex-bff and his wife (who just cries all of the time about it) will be there as well. So, husband and I get to take some people aside and remind them that this is our night and they will behave themselves even if they haven't spoken to each other in 3 years!

Trust me, if I could mainline some estrogen right now, I'd be carrying the bottle full with me plugged in 24/7!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think I'd start drinking early. Like now. :wine:

With friends like those, who needs freeloaders? Sheesh.

witzend

I told husband that between the men who think their ex-bff's are sleeping with their ex-wives, and the friend whose husband has Alzheimer's and seems to be hinting at suicide lately that we may well not be able to put out the steak knives! It's probably safest for all concerned if I avoid sharp instruments that day. Including my wit...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Okay... All I can do is... Send some gentle hugs, and a cup of tea (spiked, of course), an ottoman and an SEP field.

...SEP = Somebody Else's Problem.

The dinner party - not too horrid. The people who are trying to cop a meal for nothing? I don't think I could keep from honing that sharp wit.

And all the soap opera people? OMG, I think we all have these. Seriously, though, if they start whining and crying? "Excuse me, I have to go floss my teeth."

Ugh. I'm adding in a plate of brownies, too. Or something toothsome that YOU don't have to prepare.

DDD

NOW is the time to hire help, Witz. Really. been there done that when I was thirty and still sharp as a tack. Hire teens or adults but hire help. You've put too much effort into this event at your home to have the stress of having to do too much in too short a time. If I were nearby I would be there to volunteer my help. DDD

Sending hugs your way....I think you should have a discussion with the band about this woman, let them take care of her. Tell them exactly what's happening, what she is e-mailing people, and how much you are "letting" her sing. You aren't dealing with her, delegate that task, it's not worth getting upset over, but someone has to put their foot down if she impedes.

And you are delegating any task that may be upsetting to you, warn someone, hey, please deal with such and such, because xyz.

Drink and take the xanax (when needed). Delegate and ignore. Nobody is coming early, make it known as sweetly as pie.

witzend

Brownies! Yum! I need me some chocolate! 3-D, I have 3 younger people coming to help with the final set-up of salads and to keep water in glasses and clear tables and do dishes. I expect the dishwasher to have been run a few times by the time the night is done. husband is taking the next day off, and I have made it clear that I am unavailable the next day until noon.

I'm using some Gingham that I bought for blouses that I never made (hmm...) for table cloths, and if there isn't enough of that, (there won't be) I'll use some sheets. I made myself a pop-bottle hornet trap, and I intend to make a reference to how "authentically Southern" we are with our eclectic decor and pop bottle traps. I had probably best make my statement after I eat and before I drink. Otherwise, god only knows what will come out. "I love you guys!" or like I told husband "Thanks for coming, who is throwing this party next year?"

48 hours and it should all be over. husband is already crashed out. I plan to join him soon!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nope - if it was "AUTHENTICALLY" Southern? Someone woulda kicked off her shoes - been barefooted and beat the tar outta someone all while yelling - YOU SUM#)(*% AANNA B......."I'll KICK HER..." and then ten minutes later? Everyone would have been BFF and gone off and slept with someone elses husbands brothers ex wifes, sisters, cousin, on their brothers, cousin, ex wives - sisters side of the family. And everyone would have been talkiing about it still. (er sumthin like that)