menstral cycles,,

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Ummm--

I think a discussion is OK--just no photographs.

:tongue:

Of course, I'm not the moderator...they will have the final say.

--DaisyF

susiestar

Roll With It
We can discuss it. We have before. Nothing too gross, but what questions do you have or what is going on?? We will help any way we can.

LittleDudesMom

The topic is appropriate on this forum as long as it relates to your difficult child. In other words, issues she may be having with her cycle, hygiene issues, how to talk to a difficult child about it, etc.

Sharon

lillians

lillians
one difficulty is,,she talks about it,,to everyone anyone,, and is constantly asking me to get more pads,,, i havent ever seen so many used,,, its amazing and costly to,,

TerryJ2

DAISYFACE!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

Okay, Lillians, I'm all ears. If Daisyface doesn't egg me on.

You'll have to explain to your daughter that discussing it with-anyone is taboo. It is something to be discussed with-you, her mother, with-her doctor, and with-her very, very best friend. ONLY.

She is not to use it as an excuse to get out of gym class. (I went to an all girls' HS. Can you imagine how empty gym class would have been if we all used that as a copout? :) )

Is she really using the pads until they are "used," or is she hypersensitive about one little drop, and changing them too fast? You're going to have to look in the trash. :) And then if they are only slightly used, explain to her that she can time it, so she can change them say, every two hrs.

When I was 12, I had to change them every hr. I bled for 3 wks at a time, then stopped for 6 wks, then started over. I was a mess. When I was 15, I went on The Pill. It was a lifesaver.

Maybe she needs an appointment.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Terry--

I love that you "get" my humor! :redface:

All kidding aside, though--

Lillians--

I am having sort of the opposite trouble with my difficult child. We already struggle with hygiene issues (showering, brushing teeth, etc)...and though we have spoken to her many times about keeping herself clean during that time of the month--I still don't believe she's actually changing those pads when she should {Ugh, I know! So disgusting...}.

The last time we went shopping for feminine products (which was months ago), they were having a sale on the economy-sized package. And when I put the package in the shopping cart, she made a weird face and said "Mom, don't buy the big pack--I'll never need that many."

:surprise::sick:

Which prompted another talk about changing the pads every few hours...

And here we are, in January...and she's still got plenty left. So it looks like we have to have the talk again....and probably again.

At the end of the day, though--so much of this is a maturity issue...and difficult children definitely lag behind their peers. So I'm almost thinking that my daughter in denial about the whole thing (and maybe if she thinks that if she doesn't deal with it--it will just go away.)

Perhaps all the chatter is your daughter's way of coping this with new reality of her life as a woman? It is an awfully big change to deal with...

--DaisyF

TerryJ2

Good point, Daisy.
It is a big change, and lots of people talk a lot when they get excited. I can see where this would be a big topic for her, Lillians.

Jena

My easy child to this day uses pads like crazy she hates hates when anything on them lol. i'm like hmm that's kinda the purpose here!! :)

so, yes we go thru plenty and alot and intitally she was talking about it to anyone and everyone that would listen. I'd hate to see when my difficult child goes thru it, we'll probalby be in the er. I'm keeping fingers crossed shes' a late bloomer! :)

Ropefree

Banned
lillians: went shopping with one of my friends whose daughter is in her first year of the
cycles and we found a great deal on an enormous amount of the pads she uses. Which my friend bought. When we were talking about the deal on the way homeward we both felt concern that the savings was not going to be of interest to the girl. All she would see was this volumn of "those things" so we agreed the best action was to smuggle them into the house and not let her see them. In case it gave her a depression.
What are the impressions of the new hormone therapies that just avoid the menus
altogether?